Franklin Knights

The World Basketball Association (WBA) forum
FranklinKnights
Site Admin

2011 Plans Announced

Post by FranklinKnights » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 pm

We have announced our 2011 plans! We will not be competing in the WBA this year, so feel free to move this thread where it needs to go.

If you'd like more info you can read our press release at http://www.franklinknights.net/announcement

Go Knights!

Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

Franklin Knights

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:43 am

I like what you gus are doing a lot. Plus playing Independent is smart anyway. Why pay a league 2-3,000 a year and they do absolute nothing but give you a schedule and let you play in there league. It would be different if that Fee helped with refs or with travel cost. I struggle with giving a league my money for yearly fee's and everything is unorganized and they use the money not to better the league but to better themselves.

Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

Franklin Knights

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:48 am

I like what you gus are doing a lot. Plus playing Independent is smart anyway. Why pay a league 2-3,000 a year and they do absolute nothing but give you a schedule and let you play in there league. It would be different if that Fee helped with refs or with travel cost. I struggle with giving a league my money for yearly fee's and everything is unorganized and they use the money not to better the league but to better themselves.

globie
Site Admin

Post by globie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:42 pm

[quote=""Love Pro Hoops""]I like what you gus are doing a lot. Plus playing Independent is smart anyway. Why pay a league 2-3,000 a year and they do absolute nothing but give you a schedule and let you play in there league. It would be different if that Fee helped with refs or with travel cost. I struggle with giving a league my money for yearly fee's and everything is unorganized and they use the money not to better the league but to better themselves.[/quote]
The WBA is proud and support the Franklin Knights future endeavors. The WBA goal is to provide a platform to help players, coaches,staff and teams develop and move to the next level. Now as for league team license fee's. While I can't speak for other leagues the WBA fee's in fact cover the pay for the officials Atlanta Basketball Officials Group(ABOG), maintains the WBA website http://www.wbaball.net
As well provides other operational assets and organization.

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 am

I have been critical of the WBA basketball combine. However, this decision doesn't seem to be a knock on either. I think it is the fees (which all leagues have) + the cost of travel. From what I understand if more teams had been closer they were happy with the WBA.

Franklin is clearly not ran by a millionaire. However, he seems to use his resources to run a solid franchise and this is a better route.

Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

Wba

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:51 am

[quote=""globie""]The WBA is proud and support the Franklin Knights future endeavors. The WBA goal is to provide a platform to help players, coaches,staff and teams develop and move to the next level. Now as for league team license fee's. While I can't speak for other leagues the WBA fee's in fact cover the pay for the officials Atlanta Basketball Officials Group(ABOG), maintains the WBA website http://www.wbaball.net
As well provides other operational assets and organization.[/quote]

If you guys cover the cost of refs with the league fee then that's good. Most leagues charge you a league fee and don't help cover anything. That's what I don't like. If I pay you a certain amount you should cover some of my expenses. I think guys running leagues make the profit and owners are lucky to break even. I respect you guys for providing a platform for guys to move to the next level. Besides letting guys play in the league do you guys act as agents as well and help guys find jobs overseas?? It's good to have a minor league in the south outside of the CBL. I think in this economy having teams in clusters would be smart and affordable for owners.

globie
Site Admin

Post by globie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 pm

[quote=""Love Pro Hoops""]If you guys cover the cost of refs with the league fee then that's good. Most leagues charge you a league fee and don't help cover anything. That's what I don't like. If I pay you a certain amount you should cover some of my expenses. I think guys running leagues make the profit and owners are lucky to break even. I respect you guys for providing a platform for guys to move to the next level. Besides letting guys play in the league do you guys act as agents as well and help guys find jobs overseas?? It's good to have a minor league in the south outside of the CBL. I think in this economy having teams in clusters would be smart and affordable for owners.[/quote]Running a league and owning a team is hard in this economy that is why the WBA business model is in support of the teams., at the end of the day it's all about the players. We provide development programs to the players NBA scouting reports and we do work with a FIBA agent for those that may not have representation. Typically agents send players to the league. The WBA Exposure League is working hard to live up to it's slogan "The Future In Scouting & Developing Worldwide Talent" Thanks for your responds

Return to “WBA”