USBL Folded...what now?

The United States Basketball League (USBL) forum
barkley34
Site Admin

USBL Folded...what now?

Post by barkley34 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:22 pm

With the USBL folded what now? Yeah, yeah, I know, who said they were folded? Well, with zero teams coming back, based on newspaper statements from a few of the teams, and "scorched Earth results" in many, many 1st and 2nd tier cities, they have run out of options. There has been no statements, nothing from the office whatsoever, their stock is in the dump and no teams for next year...........you would think that the league would address their status and thus the fact that it is over.

The Magician
Site Admin

Usbl ...

Post by The Magician » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:26 pm

I had heard the other day, that the USBL and a commissioned party are discussing options for a USBL return with a new look ...

MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:38 pm

[quote=""barkley34""]their stock is in the dump[/quote]

I think it is kinda funny that you say that.

Their stock is currently listed as $.50 while at the same time the ABA stock is listed at $.08, though I know that that is not saying much. I just thought it ironic.

barkley34
Site Admin

Post by barkley34 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:16 am

Your right, however, with the ABA we never, ever, ever thought that it would be more then a penny stock at best. Not "penny stock" as it is a defined.....but a literally a stock worth no more than a penny. Joe Newman had a valuation that hit a high of $26 million for the league, and (surprise, surprise) he succeeded to LOSE that value as fast as possible. LOL.....this guy could not hit the floor if he fell out of bed. A perennial loser.

The USBL, however, it is just a surprise to see it fold befor our eyes with not even a whimper. At least Joe would gives us a barrel of lies and spin to keep us occupied and intrigued.

BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:27 am

The USBL did go out with a whimper - didn'y you hear it? It started in April and ended in June.

Return to “USBL”