HAC
Site Admin

USBA ... anybody heard of this?

Post by HAC » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:56 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact :D uane Allen Jenkins

July 8,2007

MARKETING EXECUTIVE RECREATES MINOR LEAGUE PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL
WITH THE NEW "UNITED STATES BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION"

Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A. (July 08,2007) A level three drought in the Southern United States could not deter the creation of the new and highly anticipated United States Basketball Association. " The news is rapidly spreading across the country that a new professional basketball league has been developed, I'm recieving calls from all around the 50 states" boast league official, Duane Allen Jenkins.

The United States Basketball Association (USBA) is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
The league will maintain divisional offices throughout the United States, " As the League
grows in the number of teams and additional divisions established, we think it is essential to have regional representation" states Jenkins

Mr. Duane Allen Jenkins of Duluth, Georgia, a successful marketing stallward, formally worked under agreements with two other minor league basketball leagues, " Minor leauge basketball has had a great many challenges throughout the years and unfortunately has left a great many cites and towns with a general distrust of minor league sports." We believe
market stability, effective community involvment, reliable corporate partnerships and league participation are some of the ingredients for a truly successful venture", said Jenkins. Franchises will be availble to investors beginning July 15, 2007

The United States Basketball Association (USBA) is a professional developmental basketball league that will showcase players for the National Basketball Association (NBA). The USBA will accept eligible players from the National Collegiate Athletic Association(NCAA), players from the NBADL (the NBA developmental league) , players returning from International Leagues, as well as players from other minor leagues. The USBA will play a 30 game schedule from early April to late June. comlpete with a Allstar Game at mid season and a complete championship play-off series culminating in the first week in July. The USBA
will initiate the 2008 season with 12 teams. A standing invitation was issued to a group of basketball teams from another leauge. "These teams are successful and hold the respect of their community and we welcome them with open arms" said Jenkins. " We have devised a minor league marketing package specifically developed for business community to insure the survivabilty of USBA teams" Jenkins proclaimed. "In all sports programs there is a marriage between the team and the town, we anticipate many happy long lasting unions"
said Jenkins

About the United States Basketball Association--- The United States Basketball Association is a mid spring and early summer professional basketball league. The league begins in early April and ends in the beginning of July. The leagues headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia and will maintain regional offices throughout the United States. Elite players are catipulted to enjoin further opportunities in the NBA summer leagues, preseason NBA summer camps, as well as exposure to other professional leagues from around the world. The USBA will offer eligible collegiate plyers consultation and assistance in the transition from the amateur ranks to the professional arena

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Never heard of 'em

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Is THIS the league the Cagerz organization wants everyone to join? If so, then this new league needs to be a little more unique. The United States Basketball Association sounds too close to the United States Basketball League. I also have a problem with press releases that go out with errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

The IBL is starting to look pretty good now.

HAC
Site Admin

Post by HAC » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:20 am

[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]Is THIS the league the Cagerz organization wants everyone to join? If so, then this new league needs to be a little more unique. The United States Basketball Association sounds too close to the United States Basketball League. I also have a problem with press releases that go out with errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

The IBL is starting to look pretty good now.[/quote]

LOL ... I was thinking the same thing about the mistakes in the release. If you cannot afford a proofreader, I'm not coming to your league.

I'm not sure if this is the league the Cagerz are talking about, but it sure does sound similar. Heck, they'll not only "accept" players from the NCAA and the NBDL, but also those from overseas and other minor leagues.

They do have a standing invitation to join. Me and a few of my buddies are thinking about joining. Our bowling/beer league is a little boring.

And, the selling point to me, is that they're going "insure" the survivability of the league. How can we lose?

mammal
Site Admin

New Leagues

Post by mammal » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:09 pm

The NWPBL (New World Professional Basketball League) is also looking to begin next spring. Another league is the UBL. (United Basketball League) They are kicking off their season April of 2008. Do we hve to many minor leagues? What is the overall state of minor league basketball in this country??

BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:22 pm

Well, thank the goodness that the drought didn't have any impact on the creation of the league........ I was just saying the other day, the USBA cannot start yet, what with the drought and all....

Any word yet on whether any water will be available on the benches?

HAC
Site Admin

Big Day approaches

Post by HAC » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:12 am

On Sunday, July 15, franchises will be "availble" to investors.

How about that, a league office that operates on Sundays.

BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:09 am

"Elite players are catipulted to enjoin further opportunities"

That sounds like it might actually be painful :)

The Magician
Site Admin

How did the USBA ...

Post by The Magician » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:02 am

[quote=""HAC""]On Sunday, July 15, franchises will be "available" to investors.[/quote]

do the last couple of days with bringing some teams on board?

HAC
Site Admin

Post by HAC » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:46 pm

[quote=""The Magician""]do the last couple of days with bringing some teams on board?[/quote]

I didn't read anything in THE US(B)A TODAY about it.

TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:35 am

HAC---this is the league the Cagerz were talking about. Jenkins was in Enid for the tournament... I am skeptical....

Return to “USBL”