Richardson named MVP

The United States Basketball League (USBL) forum
HAC
Site Admin

Richardson named MVP

Post by HAC » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:36 am

I'm surprised by Richardson winning this, mainly because the Cagerz were below .500.

My vote would have gone to Dodge's Chris Sockwell who had similar numbers and whose team had the best record.

The rest of the awards went as I guessed they would.

I wonder if anybody from the league is in Enid.
---------------------------------------
CAGERZ’ RICHARDSON NAMED MVP
June 27, 2007 By USBL

News Image
(June 27, 2007) The United States Basketball League (USBL) held its annual “Tip-Off” awards banquet tonight in Enid, Oklahoma on the eve of the 2007 USBL Post Season Championship.

Highlighting the event was Kansas’ Anthony Richardson, who was named the 2007 USBL Most Valuable Player. Richardson’s 20.0 ppg led the USBL in scoring this season and he was the only player in the league to eclipse 1000 minutes played.

The award for the league’s top defender went to Albany’s Ronald Ross who averaged 2.5 steals per game to lead the league. Also earning honors for the Patroons was Kareem Reid, voted the USBL’s “6th Man of the Year.” Reid’s 89 assists led the team despite never starting a game during the season.

After guiding his team to the league’s best record during the regular season, Dale Osbourne was named the 2007 USBL “Coach of the Year.” Osbourne led Dodge City to a 20-8 mark and the #1 seed in the upcoming post season. The league’s “Executive of the Year” award was handed to Kansas’ Carroll Long.

Rounding out the evening's awards was Adam Schaper of the Gary Steelheads. Schaper took “Rookie of the Year” honors after averaging 8.8 points and 4.5 rebounds over 25 games this season.

HAC
Site Admin

Hot fun in the summer time

Post by HAC » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:33 pm

Richardson scored 13 points in his first summer league game with, I believe, the Hornets. He hit 6 of 11 shots.

Return to “USBL”