I've got a feeling...

The United States Basketball League (USBL) forum
TEN
Site Admin

I've got a feeling...

Post by TEN » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:29 am

That tonight's Oklahoma win over Dodge City in the final game of the regular season was the last regular season game in the USBL after 23 seasons.

Now we will playoff the five remaining teams this weekend in what will be the last USBL games ever.

What's sad is that Dale Osbourne (Austin head coach in the D-league after DJ died) and Roy Rogers (Tulsa assistant coach in the D-league) both agreed that the teams in the USBL this year that finished the season (I will also include Albany) put better teams on the floor than the D-league did.

The teams that are left will really put on a show in Enid this weekend...Could be the most competitive tournament in league history.

HAC
Site Admin

Playoff rosters?

Post by HAC » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:10 pm

TEN ... if you get the playoff rosters, will they be posted on the USBL web site?

one way
Site Admin

ten

Post by one way » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:18 pm

Ten, I checked the USBL web site and saw that you are part of the mangement team due to your title as expansion manger. If that is the case, surely you must have had a hand in all of this mess. Why did you let it get this way and what did you do to stop it. A couple of posts ago, you were ripping on the USBL calling it a crappy league, but you were part of the front office. What gives?? Also, you have been aprt of the USB: for so many years, did you not try to right the ship for your own teams sake??? Was your title just title alone with no power?? If so, then why be listed on the web site??

HAC
Site Admin

Whoa, think you have wrong guy

Post by HAC » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:31 pm

[quote=""one way""]Ten, I checked the USBL web site and saw that you are part of the mangement team due to your title as expansion manger. If that is the case, surely you must have had a hand in all of this mess. Why did you let it get this way and what did you do to stop it. A couple of posts ago, you were ripping on the USBL calling it a crappy league, but you were part of the front office. What gives?? Also, you have been aprt of the USB: for so many years, did you not try to right the ship for your own teams sake??? Was your title just title alone with no power?? If so, then why be listed on the web site??[/quote]

I believe One Way is going the Wrong way.

TEN is not Tom Hughes.

TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:41 pm

Yep....oneway...you are going the wrong way...Tom Hughes is not TEN. Although Tom IS a great guy who really had nothing to do with this mess....Note he is in charge of Southeast expansion and didn't have a chance to bring any teams to fruitition in the area before the last two seasons made his job impossible.

I WILL admit that I helped coordinate Midwest Expansion six or seven years ago when I was in Dodge City...but now I'm just an interested bystander who can't take my eyes away from a trainwreck.

Strong Island Sound
Site Admin

Post by Strong Island Sound » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:57 am

If the USBL does go away, that would be a shame. This is a league that has had many good moments over the years. Hopefully they can regroup and get their issues settled.
MuscleSport Mag - Bodybuilding, Pro Sports, Steroids (http://www.musclesportmag.com)

BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:12 pm

[quote=""Strong Island Sound""]If the USBL does go away, that would be a shame. This is a league that has had many good moments over the years. Hopefully they can regroup and get their issues settled.[/quote]

Agreed. What a shame that the Messenheimers have let a good brand wither and die on the vine. Now where will they get their $90K consulting fees?

spikeville
Site Admin

Ive got a feeling

Post by spikeville » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:46 am

my fave bad pick up line from a girl to a guy but i guess it works both ways

If I were a football would you touch me down?

LOL

Return to “USBL”