Sioux Falls Skyforce

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
mzracing76
Site Admin

Post by mzracing76 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:24 am

ok, thanks

Sky1, i think i owe you a pop, how did you know we would give up exactly 105 pts?

Bri? you said the wizards should have won the game in Bismark. LOL, we are even, cause we should have won the game in SF the game before, this is turning into quite a rivalry.

keep up the good work.

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:33 pm

It's ironic that the Wizards beat the Skyforce twice and lost once in the Sioux Falls Arena and that the Skyforce beat the Wizards twice and lost once in the Civic Center. Maybe both teams enjoy winning in front of the opponent's fans. Since a bus trip is planned, it might even itself up (not entirely) with fans of both teams and the game might go into 4OT! Highly doubtful since it's never happened before. I'm not going to declare one team the winner over the other yet because that's usually bad luck, but you all know who I'm hoping for!

The winners over the Wizards in the Civic Center this season:
Los Angeles D-Fenders
Sioux Falls Skyforce (twice)
Fort Worth Flyers
Tulsa 66ers
Idaho Stampede

It worries me a little, but I won't dwell on the past.

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:44 pm

Well, only two of those teams are potential opponents. But no matter what happens in the West tomorrow, the Wizards would still need to take care of business.

Bring it on Skyforce! We're gonna get you back for 2 years ago and for our last game against you! We will rock you!
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:46 pm

[quote=""mzracing76""]Bri? you said the wizards should have won the game in Bismark. LOL, we are even, cause we should have won the game in SF the game before, this is turning into quite a rivalry.[/quote]

You are so right. Renaldo won it for us at your place and Will won it for you at our place. Who gets to hit the game-winner this time?
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions

sky1
Site Admin

Internal Investigation

Post by sky1 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:28 am

I think there should be an internal investigation at the dleague office, as far as the coaches and some dleague officers thought Amir Johnson would be playing Saturday night and the rest of the playoffs. I think the dleague is way out of bounds on this one. It seems a little strange that all of a suden Amir can't play. Whats going on here?

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:36 am

Who's this Robert Hite? He hasn't been with the Skyforce for very long as I recall, but I just read somewhere that he might be the one to watch on Saturday. Amir Johnson just had a 20 point, 12 rebound game with the Pistons so I'm still hoping the Pistons decide to keep him. I think what happened at the last game (against Sioux Falls) is that the Wizards spent too much time watching Johnson and forgot about Hite and Will Blalock. If Johnson is out of the picture, they can focus more on these other guys.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Stephan Graham....this game is going to be a challenge! Just curious, which players from the Wizards do the Skyforce fans fear the most? I want to know!

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:15 am

[quote=""USBasket_EricE""]Just curious, which players from the Wizards do the Skyforce fans fear the most? I want to know![/quote]

Probably the former Skyforce:
Renaldo Major
Corey Williams
Jerome Beasley (who has yet to impress me since he returned)
And am I missing any? We had Alfred Neale earlier this year, but I'm not sure if there's anymore.

We just love stealing your players I guess.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions

mzracing76
Site Admin

Post by mzracing76 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:03 pm

its funny, that a couple of league sources told both the Pistons and Skyforce that Amir Johnson could come back for the playoffs, then later "found" a so called rule in the Rulebook saying he is not eligible. If the teams (Skyforce and Pistons) knew this ahead of time, Amir probally would not have called him up, the Pistons wanted to see how well he played in a pressure game. sound kind of suspicious that they are covering something up as if Coach Jeorger complained. but i dont care.

Sioux Falls is the one team that can beat the Wizards in this league. Skyforce have the most talent between the two teams right now. The only thing that kept the Skyforce from winning the division was consistant roster changes thru out the year compared to the Wizards who I felt had a more stable roster with very few Call Ups, Players leaving, etc. Sioux Falls lost 2-3 players to over seas, and 3-4 callups.

Over the years, i have studied the Minor League basketball (especialy the CBA) that the teams that have had the most players to have played in atleast 70% of their games (40/56, or 35/50) are the best teams in the league, and the most consistant. The season that Sioux Falls won the CBA title (1996) for example, we had 7 players that were on our roster for atleast 40 games of a 56 game schedule. And, during the 90s, 7 of the 10 league champs had that same formula to success.

MZ

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:29 pm

Joerger actually wanted Amir to be back in the line-up. He said that he and his players were up for the challenge to try and prove that they can win when Amir is part of the Skyforce roster.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:50 pm

Either the same thing happened to Randy Livingston...

...or it's part of the hype to sell tickets for Friday's game here.

Over the weekend, the media discussed the probability that Livingston could come back... only to find out that the contract with the Sonics runs through July 1. Did the same thing happen to Amir?

Return to “D-League”