Team Thread- Dakota Wizards

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum

Where will the Wizards finish in the East?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:57 am

1st
25%
2nd
75%
3rd
No votes
4th
No votes
5th
No votes
6th
No votes

Total votes: 4

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Post by ChumpDumper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:36 pm

When is the trade deadline anyway?

Isn't Major supposed to be back in the states?

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:46 pm

[quote=""ChumpDumper""]A few came out ok.

I'm no photographer - I just hold up my crappy old camera and take shots in burst mode while watching the game (and yelling and drinking beer).

I included the mandatory OSC crowd shots.

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 ... =slideshow[/quote]

Those were pretty good! Thanks!

The lighting must be better in your arena. My camera can't even take pictures of the action on the court from where I sit. The pictures turn out too dark. It's just a digital camera though, nothing professional. My courtside pictures didn't even turn out that well.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Post by ChumpDumper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:03 pm

[quote=""DakotaWizardsFan""]Those were pretty good! Thanks!

The lighting must be better in your arena. My camera can't even take pictures of the action on the court from where I sit. The pictures turn out too dark. It's just a digital camera though, nothing professional. My courtside pictures didn't even turn out that well.[/quote]Thanks. The way I take them, like 1 out of 10 shots end up looking decent . It took me some time to figure out which setting works the best on my digital camera for games ("high sensitivity" on an old Panasonic). This particular one cuts down on the blurring from the action but loses detail. It's fine for computer/web viewing though. I sit in the 5th row of the big stands you see in the first picture of the slideshow. The zoom is usually set between 3 and 4x.
Last edited by ChumpDumper on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:23 pm

[quote=""ChumpDumper""]When is the trade deadline anyway?

Isn't Major supposed to be back in the states?[/quote]

I'm not sure when the trade deadline is.

Actually, the reason Major isn't here yet is because he had heart surgery in the offseason. He isn't overseas now. He's just waiting until he is ready to come back. Originally that was supposed to be mid December, then mid January, and then they said February, but that doesn't seem like it will happen either. Maybe he won't come back at all. I certainly hope he does. We need him so badly. Plus, he's my all-time favorite Wizard.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:28 pm

[quote=""ChumpDumper""]Thanks. The way I take them, like 1 out of 10 shots end up looking decent ("high sensitivity" on an old Panasonic). It took me some time to figure out which setting works the best on my digital camera for games. This particular one cuts down on the blurring from the action but loses detail. It's fine for computer/web viewing though. I sit in the 5th row of the big stands you see in the first picture of the slideshow. The zoom is usually set between 3 and 4x.[/quote]

I don't think my camera is advanced enough to have a good setting. I've tried all sorts of stuff, but nothing has worked.

Here's about the kind of view I have:

Wow, the Civic Center really needs to update the seating chart on their website. That's got the old court and the old scoreboard and we got rid of those a few years ago.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

That's the D-League

Post by ChumpDumper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:32 pm

Anything can happen.

I expect anywhere from one to four of the Toros best players to leave to get paid soon, so I'm not really expecting a championship.

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

updates are a good thing

Post by ChumpDumper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:41 pm

[quote=""DakotaWizardsFan""]I don't think my camera is advanced enough to have a good setting. I've tried all sorts of stuff, but nothing has worked.

Here's about the kind of view I have:

Wow, the Civic Center really needs to update the seating chart on their website. That's got the old court and the old scoreboard and we got rid of those a few years ago.[/quote] :-D The Toros' chart has pics of views they took before they even had the original SW Basketball floor. Here's my section:

Hopefully SS&E puts a little cash into updating that and other areas of the website. The new court looks great, like a replica of the Spurs' court. They should show it off in those seat view pictures.

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:17 pm

[quote=""ChumpDumper""]The new court looks great, like a replica of the Spurs' court. They should show it off in those seat view pictures.[/quote]

Our court is similar to the Magic's.

Here's a not-so-good video of a Corey Williams lay-up last year that shows our court pretty well.
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/MajorSkillz7/Apr%206%20vs%20Flyers/?action=view&current=040607vs-7.flv

EDIT: This video shows our new scoreboard.. and a Darius dunk. It's a really bad video though. Why I recorded most of it on the scoreboard I don't know.
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o304 ... 7vs-13.flv
Last edited by DakotaWizardsFan on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Lucky

Post by ChumpDumper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:36 pm

I think it's probably a little to much to hope for a video screen at the convention center, but that's no guarantee of better information. RGV just shows live video and replays, but absolutely no stats. At least the Toros show the points and fouls for every player on the floor.

From what I have gathered, the Toros are going to stay downtown. The weekend dates are too important to them to compete with another sports team and they have a nice group of long term sponsors in the area. It will be interesting to see what the Spurs have planned for improving the experience at the convention center, if anything.

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:04 pm

[quote=""ChumpDumper""]At least the Toros show the points and fouls for every player on the floor.[/quote]

We've got a separate scoreboard for that, but for whatever reason, it's not always up and that gets really annoying because I'm so used to looking at it.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions

Return to “D-League”