Team Thread- Dakota Wizards

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum

Where will the Wizards finish in the East?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:57 am

1st
25%
2nd
75%
3rd
No votes
4th
No votes
5th
No votes
6th
No votes

Total votes: 4

mzracing76
Site Admin

Post by mzracing76 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:12 am

Where do you find the NBDL Attendance...i know sioux falls skyforce avg 3824 fans per game, where do i find the rankings?

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:59 am

[quote=""mzracing76""]Where do you find the NBDL Attendance...i know sioux falls skyforce avg 3824 fans per game, where do i find the rankings?[/quote]

its under the attendance thread.....

TheWiz104
Site Admin

Post by TheWiz104 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

[quote=""DakotaWiz""]It's better to have a cohesive team than a team full of talent in the D-League. Last year, we weren't very talented, but we played well as a team. This year, we've got 3 guys that thought they would head to the NBA in Powell, Benson, and Jefferson, and you can tell on the court that they're playing for themselves... It's bad right now for Wizards fans, though I don't agree that the Force will be in the championship..[/quote]

I am glad someone else sees this point. I feel that most times sitting at the game that team ball isn't on these three players priority list. If we don't play as a team we lose.

JMarch
Site Admin

Post by JMarch » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:18 am

Blake had 35 today - being new to this, is there much chance he'll get any attention? Just a guess, but I'd expect that he'd need another year of stellar performances. Thoughts?

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:52 am

I would say he's got a chance...

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Call-up-Candidates

If you look at that, he's 9th of 10 for most likely to get called up.

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:56 am

[quote=""JMarch""]Blake had 35 today - being new to this, is there much chance he'll get any attention? Just a guess, but I'd expect that he'd need another year of stellar performances. Thoughts?[/quote]

Well, he's catching a bit of attention. Ticknor said on Wizards Watch a few weeks back that he should have a Summer League spot locked up. Blake's got some things to work on for sure, but he's definitely got a chance to make it one day if he can transition to PG.

Blake had two costly turnovers down the stretch, but luckily we were still able to pull it out. And Perrin.. ah.. he almost lost the game for us.

And does anyone know what was up with that Tony Gipson ejection? That whole thing was just plain dumb. What did he actually do?
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:46 am

Looks like the stupid D-League screwed us again. We just moved up to #2 in the player pool order thing, but as of tomorrow, we drop back to the bottom. What kind of league switches their rules (TWICE!) during the season? That's kind of sounding ABA-ish. This is the D-League, not the ABA! Come on!

But on a much more positive note, it was nice to see Renaldo back. But hopefully he'll be back in uniform soon. I miss seeing him out there.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 am

Was that on Wizards Watch tonight? I forgot to watch it. I even forgot to check the score to tonight's game until later this evening. Glad they won.

They'll drop to the bottom of the player pool? How the hell do they figure that? The Wizards just lost Dontell and haven't had any help from the NBA. They should remain way up there until they sign someone. I wish the league would post a rule book on their web site so everyone can see how often they bend their rules.

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Renaldo's more than likely not playing this season. Also, the league didn't change the rule again. It's the same rule, they just re-seed the teams periodically. We will be seeded 8th.

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:14 pm

Okay, I guess I understood Ticknor wrong on Wizards Watch because he sure made it sound like the rule was being switched again and that we moved to the very bottom. But it's still stupid that they re-seed the teams like this and that we're only 8th when we just lost Dontell. I wonder what kind of player we'll actually be able to pick up. At least Tony was a pretty good acquisition, but will we be able to pick up something that good again from such a low position in the player pool?

And yeah, the Tribune made it clear that Renaldo probably won't be back this year, but it's not completely out yet. Too bad. Like I said, I'd love to see him back on the court again. Well, wouldn't we all?
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions

Return to “D-League”