Minnesota's D-League likely to play in Rochester, MN

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
toad455
Site Admin

Minnesota's D-League likely to play in Rochester, MN

Post by toad455 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:59 pm

http://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/ ... 863a9.html

add in the Omaha, NE team possibly linked with either Denver or New Orleans, and the D-League will be up to 24 teams for 2016-17 season. Or possibly 25 if the Utah Jazz decide to bring back the Flash(Orem, Utah).
Last edited by toad455 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toad455
Site Admin

Post by toad455 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:00 pm

it's looking likely for Minnesota's D-League team to start play next season at the Mayo Civic Center. I still wonder who attaches themselves to the potential Omaha team(Denver?). 24 teams seems guaranteed for 2016-17.

ATLANTIC
Long Island
Westchester
Delaware
Greensboro

NORTH
Erie
Canton
Raptors 905
Maine

CENTRAL
Rochester
Chicago
Grand Rapids
Fort Wayne

SOUTHWEST
Rio Grande
Austin
Oklahoma City
Texas

NORTHWEST
Idaho(or Utah)
Sioux Falls
Omaha
Iowa

PACIFIC
Reno
Bakersfield
Los Angeles
Santa Cruz

possibly for 2017-18 we see Jacksonville(Magic) & Washington(Wizards) add their D-League teams.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:22 pm

I think there will be a Southeast division in 2017-2018. Orlando, Atlanta, and possibly New Orleans locating teams in the Southeast.

I would be willing to bet soon the Memphis Grizzles change affiliates. I dont believe they own their own team and that is where most of these teams will end of heading soon.

Nashville or maybe an Arkansas city would be a good location. Something within a couple hours drive.

What about the Miami Heat? Same deal there.

toad455
Site Admin

Post by toad455 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:34 pm

here's my theory. Orlando's team ends up in Jacksonville. This leaves Erie available to which I think Milwaukee should own. Miami brings in a team in South Florida leaving Sioux Falls available. Portland should jump in and own Sioux Falls. Atlanta's team should be in Gwinnett. Washington's team will be at their new training facility. Denver should go in on the Omaha team. This leaves just the LA Clippers & New Orleans. I doubt Memphis dumps the Iowa Energy. They're close enough & doing well attendance wise. Maybe the Clippers should look to bring in a team in Long Beach or Anaheim. New Orleans has a couple options, but I think either Mobile or Little Rock, AR would be best.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:56 pm

I agree with almost all of this. I really like the matches. The only thing is Memphis. You mention that Iowa is doing well attendance wise and they are close. By close, do you mean in location to Memphis? They are 9 hours apart driving. You may have meant close in a business relationship.

Attendance doing well is not a factor here. Memphis does not own the affiliate. Which is to my point. These NBA teams that don't own their affiliates will soon want to. Only makes sense to own them and have them close by.

Same thing that is going on with baseball right now. You see a lot of new stadiums being built by the parent clubs that own them. The Braves for example own every one of their affiliates except their high A. That team has moved to 3 cities in the last 6 or so years. They are also building their own spring training complex and not leasing Disney anymore.

toad455
Site Admin

Post by toad455 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:48 pm

D-League at 30 teams

NORTH
Long Island(Brooklyn)
Westchester(New York)
Delaware(Philadelphia)
Raptors 905(Toronto)
Maine(Boston)

SOUTH
Greensboro(Charlotte)