NBA D-League is Self Destructive

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

NBA D-League is Self Destructive

Post by a1sports » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Looking at the D league schedule only proves that the NBA has no concept of the economics in the United States. back to back games aganist the same team? This isnt baseball with a different pitcher the next day. This isnt major league sports. Plus way to many games.

D league a good example of why minor league basketball wont make it.

Stern asleep at the wheel.

time out
Site Admin

Post by time out » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:47 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]Looking at the D league schedule only proves that the NBA has no concept of the economics in the United States. back to back games aganist the same team? This isnt baseball with a different pitcher the next day. This isnt major league sports. Plus way to many games.

Stern asleep at the wheel.[/quote]

You wouldn't have a clue what works in minor league basketball based on the operations of your favorite league.

Buffal00 Sports Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffal00 Sports Fan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:39 pm

I like the PBL and wish my Buffalo Stampede still played in it. That being said the PBL has a lot more issues then the dleague, if you never point out the PBL faults and only praise the PBL then it does look fishy when you put down the dleague.

Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

D-League

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:42 am

I think the D league is doing a great job,the league grows and gets better every year, back 2 back games is smart cuts down on travel cost, the d league will only get bigger and better

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:59 am

[quote=""Love Pro Hoops""]the d league will only get bigger [/quote]

I would hope not...

The D-League is only as strong as the umbilical cord attached to it, known as
the NBA, will let it. Currently, I agree with a1 on this one; David Stern is not
paying as much attention to the D-league as he once did.

The NBA is facing a possible lockout, salary cap reduction, and loss of teams.

You want the D-League to grow??? 16 teams in some pretty attractive
markets is more than we can ask for minor league basketball right now.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

D League

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:52 am

The d league does have 16 solid markets,with a lockout possible now wouldnt be a great time for expansion teams, the league will get bigger and better over time,i think in the future every team will have its own team

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 pm

I have heard since before there 1st year that every team will have their own team. Is this now, what their 10th season?

Are they waiting for more NBA teams to fold?

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:20 am

[quote=""not so fast""]I have heard since before there 1st year that every team will have their own team. Is this now, what their 10th season?

Are they waiting for more NBA teams to fold?[/quote]

Remember not so fast the economy isn't great right now that plays a part in all of this. I think when the economy gets better the D-League will grow. It is in my opinion what is best for minor league basketball to be under the NBA umbrella of the D-League overall.

With always keeping in mind nothing is perfect teams and cities fail even in organized minor league baseball under the MLB umbrella which I consider the best of the big four major league sports. But you will get more stability not all this will my team be around for year three? Or will my team show up? Or will my owner be too broke to go on or worse never having the proper capital to begin with to run a team properly in minor league basketball? A paying fan shouldn't have to worry about this stuff that should be a given. All a fan should have to worry about is cheering his or her team on and not what is going on with some of these leagues the mickey mouse stuff.

I know fans don't like when I bring up Buffalo teams or $$$ money but I can't help it because it serves my point as a fan so well. My Buffalo Bisons IL spent $2.5 million dollars on a HD scoreboard that 26 out 30 MLB teams have that is what I am talking about this offseason. We will have the best scoreboard in minor league baseball this up coming year in 2011. That is taking care of ones investment and being serious as a owner running a proper business not being mickey mouse.

When I go to a Buffalo Bisons IL game all I have to do is sit, root on the home team and enjoy knowing my Buffalo Bisons owner Bob Rich is loaded a billionaire giving me the fan the best sports entertainment experience he possible can in minor league baseball. State of the art at Coke Cola Field which was built in 1988 by the way.

Buffalo Bisons owner Bob Rich has since put his own $22 million dollars into Coke Cola Field over the years to keep it fresh and up to date. So I don't have to worry about will my team be around next year? Or I wonder where they will be playing this year what college or worse what high school? Are there proper ammenities like a rest room or do I have to look for it like I am looking for a puzzle piece in a 1,000 piece puzzle and a place to buy some food and is the scoreboard lite bright or HD? Fans shouldn't have to worry about that like I said not what most fans want or will put up with long most will just simple not go in my opinion outside a few fans that are the exception to the rule not the rule. Today's sports fan isn't going to put up with non sense like that they just won't go period in my opinion. We have telephones that bring us tv and the world but were going to go and pay $$ money to see a game with lite bright. Some will go but many will stay away in my opinion. Let's Go Buffalo
Last edited by Buffalo Super Fan on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:17 am, edited 11 times in total.
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

panchess
Site Admin

Post by panchess » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:26 pm

The NBA simply doesn't need one minor league team for every team in the league. You have to put the goal out there, and if the competitive environment changes in the NBA (i.e. 10-11 man roster making it more attractive to have three-five players on the farm ready for an injury call) after the next contract, the D-League may well change with it.

wisminorlgefan89
Site Admin

Post by wisminorlgefan89 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:47 am

[quote=""a1sports""]Looking at the D league schedule only proves that the NBA has no concept of the economics in the United States. back to back games aganist the same team? This isnt baseball with a different pitcher the next day. This isnt major league sports. Plus way to many games.

Stern asleep at the wheel.[/quote]

How is playing back to back games against the same team not a good idea? for the most part it saves on travel. As much as I dont like David Stern I like the back to back games in the D-League
Favorite Teams:
AFL-Milwaukee Mustangs
IFL-La Crosse Spartans
ABA-Milwaukee Blast
NBDL-Iowa Energy
AHL-Milwaukee Admirals
CHL-Quad City Mallards
USHL-Cedar Rapids Roughriders

Return to “D-League”