Toronto For Next NBA All Star Game

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
CanadianBaller
Site Admin

Toronto For Next NBA All Star Game

Post by CanadianBaller » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:20 am

I am from Edmonton and I think it would be great to see Toronto host the next NBA All Star Game. After doing some research I found out Toronto is among one of a few NBA cities who have yet to host a NBA All Star Game. I think this is a slap in the face to not only Toronto but to Canada considering basketball was invented by a Canadian by the name of Dr. James Naismith and the very first NBA game was played between the Toronto Huskies and the New York Knickerbockers at the old Maple Leaf Gardens on November 1, 1946. So for the NBA not to come to Toronto would be the ultimate form of disrespect.

Link to the first NBA game ever played
http://www.nba.com/history/firstgame_feature.html

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:33 am

How is this D-League related?
Ridiculousupside.com -- A (Mostly) D-League Site

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:31 am

CanadianBaller. I don't think its a 'slap in the face' to Canadians and/or Toronto. All Toronto would have to do is apply to host it.

Sadly the NBA all star game has created an unintentional rolling circus that descends on the town. I'll let ESPN's Bill Simmons explain it better from the Las Vegas edition
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/070220

Again, Toronto simply needs to apply, the NBA is trying the 'Super Bowl Circuit' of warm weather cities but I'm confident TO would simply need to apply
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Return to “D-League”