Major D-League announcement in Tulsa today

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:32 am

Interesting that the huge 3 year-back rent gets paid in Albuquerque, right about the time SW basketball gets this check.

Anyway, Bectond, I agree with you about the D-league teams being worth more, and the bar being raised. Just not about SW basketball being able to come out of this ahead.

Time will tell, I guess.

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:16 am

This makes sense...... I think the NBA wants to get rid of SW Basketball.... They did there job of keeping the league there in the tough years but last year there were reports of no trainers and other problems at some of there franchises. So they sell one of theres and its just one less problem.... The 2.5 Million number is a who knows, You figure that by buying a minor league team you expand you big team wise. Its another asset and you can put your coach, your system, your front office up there and develop them how you want to develop them.

I think Bakersfield would be next to be sold, they had tough times last year but they are building an expensive practice facility so I would assume something would be in the works. Just a guess though....

I also think Phoenix will buy there own team, Just how the team operates it seems that they would want one...

Return to “D-League”