IBL going to get bigger ...

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
The Magician
Site Admin

IBL going to get bigger ...

Post by The Magician » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:34 pm

I have heard that the IBL might be growing in size for next season ...

Any NEWS regarding that?

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:00 am

Well, the Bellingham Slam WILL come to the IBL...The Gary Steelheads are about 80% likely...No word on the Akron Energy, Arizona Lightning, Edmonton Sled Dawgz, or Lansing Capitals yet...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

mammal
Site Admin

Ibl

Post by mammal » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:59 am

I coverd the IBL this past season and wrote a weekly column. From what I gather the expansion will be only for very-very qualified owners.
The IBL will be going into it's 4th year and is no longer in a big "growth/expansion" mode. They will shift gears and concentrate on the teams they have with some expansion only for the owners who meet/excede the minimum qualifications. The IBL is solid and Mikal Duilio should receive a lot of the credit. He is a very good commissioner. He will be taking a one year leave to re-charge but will be back. Bellingham will be a great addition the the West cluster.

The Magician
Site Admin

mammal ...

Post by The Magician » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:36 pm

[quote=""mammal""]I coverd the IBL this past season and wrote a weekly column.[/quote]

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:12 am

IBL website says Chicago Heights is now the Windy City Soldiers.. will be playing 2008 season with 10 home games in Kankakee. So they'll be around, at least. No links yet to pages for the announced or rumored new teams.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:54 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Well, the Bellingham Slam WILL come to the IBL...The Gary Steelheads are about 80% likely...No word on the Akron Energy, Arizona Lightning, Edmonton Sled Dawgz, or Lansing Capitals yet...[/quote]

The Steelheads are 100% likely! How likely is the new Windy City team though? I haven't followed the IBL in the past. Has this team shown-up for its games as Chicago Heights?

one way
Site Admin

windy city

Post by one way » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:16 pm

this team did not win a game or pay a single player a single dollar. sounds like a great future

CRUSADERSFAN
Site Admin

Post by CRUSADERSFAN » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:49 pm

[quote=""one way""]this team did not win a game or pay a single player a single dollar. sounds like a great future[/quote]

I know they were 0-18, but they didn't pay anyone? Source?

MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:43 pm

So when are the teams usually finalized for the season?

MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:38 pm

[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]The Steelheads are 100% likely! How likely is the new Windy City team though? I haven't followed the IBL in the past. Has this team shown-up for its games as Chicago Heights?[/quote]

I just wish there were more news. I mean their website has not changed sense the end of the season, and the only press release said that it is not a done deal but they are looking into it.

What is with the lack of news???

Return to “IBL”