Gary Steelheads

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:47 am

Wow, that place looks empty. What was announced attendance?

Did the Steelheads end up signing Akeem Clark or Brian Silverhorn?

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:55 am

[quote=""CHris902""]Wow, that place looks empty. What was announced attendance?

Did the Steelheads end up signing Akeem Clark or Brian Silverhorn?[/quote]

The Steelheads signed Gary native Akeem Clark and he played Friday April 11th and Friday April 18th, tonight. No Brian Silverhorn to my knowledge. The announced attendance was 2,070.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Steelheads vs. Elgin Racers, April 20, 2008

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:27 am

Robert Griffin suited-up for the Steelheads for the first time since he broke his arm early last season with the USBL Steelheads.

Look! I may be your best customer, but Down in front, Beer Man.

Darn it! DOWN IN FRONT!!!!!! LOL

MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:28 pm

Seriously 91-83? Against Elgin? What the heck happened?

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Good defensive effort though

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:09 pm

[quote=""MJHankel""]Seriously 91-83? Against Elgin? What the heck happened?[/quote]

Shaun Fountain has briefly left the team to play in the Dominican Republic. Robert Griffin is back, but he was JUST back from his stint with the Mad Ants in the NBADL. He was ice cold and wasn't doing any slashing to the basket. Sam Mack was back in the lineup, but he was cold too. Elgin has improved their team somewhat and as always, Keith Gayden (#44 for Elgin) was a beast down low and high scorer of the day.

I like competitive games like this one. Friday's more than 40 point blowout of Windy City was on the boring side.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:22 am

I agree that blow-outs aren't the most intensely entertaining games to watch. I just found it strange that the first double digit final score for the Steelheads came against the Racers. I guess it is nice to see that Elgin is getting more competitive.

bballnut
Site Admin

Post by bballnut » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:29 am

Has Ron Howard joined the team? Can this team take over the top spot and replace Elkhart? I am still not sure that Holland team is for real.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:11 pm

[quote=""bballnut""]Has Ron Howard joined the team? Can this team take over the top spot and replace Elkhart? I am still not sure that Holland team is for real.[/quote]

Ron Howard hasn't joined the Steelheads yet. I think Gary can now take the top spot from Elkhart because Gary is much improved since Gary and Elkhart last played. Can Gary defeat Elkhart @ Elkhart? I don't know about that, but just like I said. Gary is much improved since they played last. :wink:

MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:43 pm

So the Steelheads are still broadcasted on public access cable? I just wish they would stream them live on the internet. I just found their production company online where you can buy their games on DVD. http://www.aandmvideo.com/2008%20Steelheads.htm

bballnut
Site Admin

Post by bballnut » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:33 am

Can they continue to play like a team, with all the guys that can score for them. Will everyone need to "get there's"? I am also wondering about Holland. They still look pretty good, cause they can shoot the ball, and play as a team. No ego's up there. I still feel DB and the fella's from Elkhart are the team to beat. He has talent, and he can coach the heck out of this game.

Return to “IBL”