Is the IBL still around or is it the IBA now?

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
Juniper
Site Admin

Is the IBL still around or is it the IBA now?

Post by Juniper » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Is the IBL still around, or is it the IBA now? Looks like the teams in the Mid West are in the IBA. It appears they have a nice league.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Gary went on a road trip to play the Los Angeles Lightning. Aren't the Lightning an IBL team?!? I don't know. Maybe not. Everything is so last minute and little publicity. Is the IBA still around? That's why I didn't drop a season ticket deposit during the spring for the fall season. I wanted to make sure there would actually BE a fall season--in the Gary Genesis Center and not in some practice facility (Hudson-Campbell Center).

...although the Gary Genesis Center isn't what it once was. The city doesn't have money for upkeep.

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Both the IBL and the IBA had successful years. Games were played and stats posted. The IBL posted full boxscores. Anyone one looking for stats can im or email me.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:13 pm

How would you rank these two leagues with the other minor leagues out there? Is the D-League first? Where does the ABA and the PBL fit into things?

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:41 pm

[quote=""Juniper""]How would you rank these two leagues with the other minor leagues out there? Is the D-League first? Where does the ABA and the PBL fit into things?[/quote]

I have a file that compares the raw stats (taken from box scores) of players who played in 2 or more leagues. It is not really scientific but it gives a good game-by-game comparision. If I had to rank I'd go:

1 D-League (by a large margin)
2 NBL-C
3 (Tie) PBL/IBL
5 ABA
6 IBA
7 (Tie) ACPBL/EBA

Not Included: WBA (no stats), FBA (no stats), UBA (stats, but I haven't formatted them yet) & TRBL (good stats, but only had players from the ABA and it is hard to compare across other leagues.

It is also hard to judge the PBL & IBL, they both had a number of good players, but both leagues had teams with much lesser talent.

I only have 25% of the ABA games so it is hard to rank them also. Good talent on the top 10-15 teams but a major drop off on the bottom 20-25. The middle 40 are just that.

The IBA had a number of good players having played in the D-League, NBL, PBL & IBL. Not that far behind.

The ACPBL & EBA are at the same level which a whole bunch of players playing games in both league, a few on the same day. (Take a look at how a few of them did when they played in IBL.)

I'm having problems with Goggle Docs so if anyone wants the file email me at timlgravy@gmail.com

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm

With the league's that you have noted, who has the best up side? At the same time what league's are heading down?

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Makes me wonder why OSC still covers the IBL but not the IBA (even listing teams which switched leagues as still being IBL teams)
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

PrimeTimeplayers1991
Site Admin

Post by PrimeTimeplayers1991 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 am

turbocamyes
If you get a chance make sure to come check out to a game this year in the TRBL. The PrimeTime Players play at The Former Bobcats Training Facility in Fort Mill, SC and will also have a couple of games Downtown Charlotte at the Grady Cole Center. I would love for you to come out and have you see the TRBL can hold its own.

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 pm

[quote=""PrimeTimeplayers1991""]turbocamyes
If you get a chance make sure to come check out to a game this year in the TRBL. The PrimeTime Players play at The Former Bobcats Training Facility in Fort Mill, SC and will also have a couple of games Downtown Charlotte at the Grady Cole Center. I would love for you to come out and have you see the TRBL can hold its own.[/quote]

I look forward to catching a few games next season and will email you before hand.

Thanks, Tim

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:01 pm

I guess the IBA from what you say has a good upside. What would a league like this need to do to get up to the the level of the NBL-C league? It appears the IBA may be a pretty good option for the winter season.

Return to “IBL”