Gary splash

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Hey Ken!

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:39 pm

[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]I forgot my camera, but the scene was about the same. Concession lines were long. Gary defeated Battle Creek...again...yawn. 8)

Several of the Splash players were different from the spring season. Therefore, several friends and family of absent players were also missing. The only thing different was Battle Creek's new uniforms. Either they were wearing breast cancer awareness pink, although I doubt it because I did not see any breast cancer awareness ribbons...or they were actually wearing fuchsia not pink.

The Chris Brown impersonator halftime entertainment was interesting. He was so good and looked so much like Chris Brown that he slapped Rhianna at the end of his routine.[/quote]

Yeah, I know I'm talking to myself. The Splash played Battle Creek in Gary last night (of course Gary won). Those Battle Creek uniforms must have been Breast Cancer Awareness pink the last time around. Last night they wore regular type uniforms and colors.

Ken, you talk to yourself when you're NOT online too. What's the problem?!? It's normal for you.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Ken, where are all the fans at? Why arent the people of Gary supporting the Splash? jay Bradford has done a terrific job over there, you have good local talent, great halftime entertainment, good food, and of course a great venue.

I mean, what else could possibly be going on in G.I.?

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Gary is a hop, skip and a jump from Soldier Field and da Bears. Scheduling games every Sunday at 5pm is a way of avoiding competition with local high schools, but now the Splash are going almost one on one with all these Chicago Bears 3pm games. Besides da' Bears, Gary residents have lots of Chicagoland entertainment options.

All the advertising is word of mouth. The problem is the owners are not from Gary and word of mouth only goes so far without family and friends. Also, since 2008 (and maybe before) people have not had money for minor league pro basketball around here.

va_b
Site Admin

Post by va_b » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:03 pm

tnx for sharing the pics.don't had the chance to go there...

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:24 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]Ken, where are all the fans at? [/quote]

My brother-in-law visiting from Virginia was at Wednesday, December 28th's game asking me the same question. People in Gary have priorities. Minor league basketball doesn't seem to be one of those priorities.

[quote=""not so fast""]...I mean, what else could possibly be going on in G.I.?[/quote]

Lots, in and around Gary. For instance, Wednesday is a big nightclub night. Steppers' sets and motorcycle club sets. I can also find lots to do instead of attending basketball games, but I try to support sports and restaurant ventures in Gary. However, the league needs to devise some sort of post-season for Gary in a hurry. No post-season for the spring and no mention of a post-season for this fall/winter. What's the sense of attending games if the teams aren't fighting for playoff spots?

MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:34 am

Their last game of the regular season (tonight) is at the Hudson-Campbell Center.
NO concessions

The post-season for this fall/winter is:

Opening Round :
Wed Jan. 11th at 7pm at Hidden Cove Sportsplex

Championship Round (Location TBA):
January 13th,14th,15th
Last edited by MJHankel on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typo

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:14 pm

[quote=""MJHankel""]Their last game of the regular season (tonight) is at the Hudson-Campbell Center.
NO concessions
[/quote]

That's part of the reason why I didn't attend the last regular season game--no concessions. There was a championship game at the Genesis Center January 13th, but I only learned the morning of the game. I intended on attending albeit short notice, but completely forgot about the game as the day went on.

Well, at least there was a post-season in Gary.

Return to “IBL”