Triumphant Return of the Lansing Capitals!

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
Capitals Fan
Site Admin

Triumphant Return of the Lansing Capitals!

Post by Capitals Fan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Sorry, this post is several weeks late! I wanted to let all the IBL Forum followers know how fun it was to witness the Lansing Capitals defeat the Ohio Hidden Gems 144-127 on June 18, 2011 at Aim High Sports Facility. This game was one of the best displays of IBL basketball that I have seen. Everything about the tempo, flow, and skill of great basketball was on display. A crowd of between 80-100 people was rewarded with a run and gun style that did not let up until the final buzzer. I agree with Mikal Duilio's spot on assessment of the high quality of play in the IBL this year. Many thanks to Renardo Jefferson, Coach Dale Beard, Lansing Capitals players, and others for making the game one I will not soon forget. I plan on posting some pictures from the game taken by DeWitt Creativity Group member Casey Cavanaugh in the near future.
Last edited by Capitals Fan on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:46 pm

I'm sure it was enjoyable to watch the problem is the 80 people in the gym. Take away family and friends and what was your paid attendance? You get the idea... it would be ok if the league dues where $500 or something like that and the owner was just doing it for fun.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:36 am

Unbeleivible!
80 to 100 fans that's an insult to the players.

I mean even a tiddlywinks championship would
draw more than that.

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:18 am

It looks like the Capitals are gone again. The IBL's site has removed them from the team listing. Perhaps they are joining the Kankakee County Soldiers' new league?

Return to “IBL”