best kept secret

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
not so fast
Site Admin

best kept secret

Post by not so fast » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:06 pm

There are some good things happening in the IBL, and that is there are 2 very good teams and franchises, the Gary Splash, and the Kankakee Soldiers. Both franchises are owned and coached by 2 brothers, (Jay and Barry Bradford) and I don't think that these 2 guys get enough credit for the wonderful job they are doing.

They are 1st class people running 1st class franchises. There is quality basketball being played, and they have oustanding fan friendly environments.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Would have been nice if they hadn't kept the score from last night's game a secret until late this morning.

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:25 pm

I would say the same about the Edmonton and Portland teams. Despite my complaints in the other thread, both teams do play good ball. The Edmonton Energy has done some nice touches with their game day presentation. Granted, this game wasn't a home game for them per se, it was nice to see tickets with the logos printed on them and an up to date game program.

Both teams had good quality uniforms and warm-ups. Also, Edmonton's roster has a solid roster from top to bottom. Portland has an amazing player in Mac Hopson. He scored 50 points in Thursday and Saturday's game and 20 points Friday night. He is largely the playmaker for Portland. The rest of the team is good, but they definitely need more than 7 guys travelling to road games. You could tell that they were gassed by the end of the game. I don't recall Hopson even coming off the floor all night.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Would have been nice if they hadn't kept the score from last night's game a secret until late this morning.[/quote]

That's funny. During the winter season, the Splash owner got in trouble with the local media for being tardy with results. Maybe one of the dance team members will take on the responsibility of issuing timely press releases. The dancers multi-task during games. They do everything...but dance apparently. I've yet to see them bust a move (and the season is almost over). 8)

Fez
Site Admin

Dayton

Post by Fez » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Interesting that Dayton (playing a "preview" schedule) is 4-0 in the IBL after being the worst team in the PBL last year. Have they played cupcakes or does this actually mean something? (either the PBL was higher quality or Dayton improved their roster)
Subscribe to Dayton Pro Sports Daily News: http://paper.li/f-1313642591

Return to “IBL”