duilio now owns all oregon teams

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
iblhoop
Site Admin

duilio now owns all oregon teams

Post by iblhoop » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:38 am

as a ibl fan and supporter. I was disappointed that the truth is out on the ibl and the commish foolio.

comm duilio now owns the central oregon hotshots, portland chinooks (now called portland oregon wave/s) , the west coast highflyers (now called yamhill) and the eugene chargers. He has fake owners at each location.
to go along with fake teams.

all the players on these teams live in portland (foolios hometown) throughout the season. On game day duilio gives players gas money to drive to whatever city he is scamming that night. players show up and play the game.
Most every night the guys playing on the same team have never had a full practice together.- Just show up and play.

this is what the ibl has become. Im sure the midwest is the same.

none of duilios teams keep a scorebook- the running score is on the clock and someone takes down points and fouls on scratch paper.

This info comes from players on the chinook, hotshots, highflyers. So it is legit info. Duilio is still foolin some but the word is out.

There is no water, towels, or first aid kit. For his own teams.

The league is hanging on because there are a couple of legit teams still playing. And the commisioner will never run out of players who will move to portland for 3 months and jump in a car and drive around oregon for a chance to make it.

The tryout he held in January guaranteed 10 players would make some team.
He can guarantee that cuz he owns all the teams.

There was never an annoucement on who made the pro teams.
I heard 14 guys showed up- so 10 should be on pro teams this year.
No announcement on who made it.

But i did see an adf or another tryout at 150 a pop. w jobs guaranteed and 8 teams present.- duilio owns at least 8 teams so there you go.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:05 pm

nothing this guys does suprises me. he has had this great scam going for a while. I guess He is just smart enough to pull it off.

After last years all star disaster in Gary, I couldnt believe anyone could take this guy serious. And certainly not give him money.

I questioned a couple of years ago, what does the teams get for their large league entree fees?

he is another tv evangelist, turn basketball commissioner.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:44 pm

I have no reason to doubt this...

...but your assumption seems to be a flood of legitimate operators being held back by the scam dam.

I'm really starting to believe that, if there's a dam, there was very little buildup behind it to begin with, and not much to hold now.

I see a guy trying to hold assets for future sale, probably quite foolishly (anything getting past the wall of Blazers news this year is a complete accident), probably destined to croak in the end. I certainly won't lose any sleep over that operation croaking- but I see a guy trying to survive, not using simply "any means necessary," (Joe Newman, that's your cue to stand up and be counted) but certainly desperate. I refuse to register a lot of grief over this.
Last edited by Pounder on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

iblvoice
Site Admin

Huh...

Post by iblvoice » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:45 am

From Duilio-

Yep, I own the Hotshots...

Last year- 2008 season- I did a really good thing when the Portland owner did not return- I carried it (owned it) for a full, healthy season. I think this is something to commend not put down... I think it helped the league for me to do that... probably not a good idea for me but good for the league... this year Terrance Dickens owns it, I do not own the team nor do I own any part of it, but if I did own the team- I certainly would not be ashamed of that... I think it would be a good thing...

Yamhill Highflyers owner is Eric Bailey... I do not own that one either... Yamhill does not play a full season till 2010...

Eugene- I do not own that team but again, I would not think that would be a bad thing for the IBL if I did own it (if no one locally had it)...

As for stats, Hotshots did do manual stats, yes with pencils and paper...

As for not having a shortage of players willing to live here and play a season... sure... but I have told every player by email and in person that we have nothing to offer except the 20 game stat line... never once have I promised more than that... it is hard for owners to make enough money to pay players and the season is a blast for most players and it helps their careers... so yeah, players do not make anything off of my teams but I am always honest about that, every conversation...

Another team though that we do own is the league owned- USA All Stars, a 'get on the bus' team meaning college level tryout players play against IBL teams hoping to make an IBL team... 20 times for a season... typically these games occur early in the year and IBL teams get off to a good start but the team won agame last year embarressing one of us... that team was really good for the IBL last year and this year will be its second year of this program/team.

So with USA All Stars, this makes me/IBL owning 2 teams this year but I got to be honest, I would not be against owning 3 or 4 over time, provided I had time to run them professionally which right now I only have time for 2 teams... but from a league perspective, the more stability- the better.

The IBL is not the answer for anyone, it is just a league to play in if you want to... if you don't want to play, don't play... for fans, the game is very fast paced and fun... but if you don't like it, you don't like it... for owners- we provide teams with 1 flight per year- that is a neat deal- that I am most of ... we play all of our games except one that we cancelled in Chico, four hours in advance of the game (in 2005).. we try hard and for the things that matter, we deliver and again, that is an efficient (super efficient) model for owners, a fun game for fans and we play all of the home games...

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:45 am

If it is such a great league Mike, then why do so many of your teams fold?

iblhoop
Site Admin

did you forget you own grand rapids too

Post by iblhoop » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:42 pm

No one cares if you own 1,2 or 20 teams. Here is the problem.

portland-did not pay last year or will not pay this year.-terrance dickens is the listed owner-yes - you own the team- have some self respect.

we played for the chinook- we are all friends - we know whats up.

central oregon-did not pay EVER

west coast highflyers did not pay last year they will not pay this year.
dont make us expose your fake owner- we have contemplated putting up
a former ibl player website- to expose you and your bogus league.

eugene - will not pay this year- no matter who you name owner.

usa all stars - did not pay last year -will not pay this year.

Do you see the problem commish? How is this fair to the teams who pay
or to the fans that are being tricked- it borders on theft by deception- a felony in Oregon.

falsyfing fake team payments and such-are also felonies in Oregon.
So please dont respond that these teams pay you or some other bs tradeoff.
dont bite off more than you can chew.

you are ripping off the legit owners and the fans.

Also we are waiting for the 10 players to be announced from your tryout.
Why no annoucement- which 8 teams were present and can you post their names. we did not see them there.-kinda like the camp in USBA

Also paper and pencil are fine to keep stats- as long as you have a scorebook. They cost 2.99 at big 5.

Oh commish and since your being so honest -did it slip your mind you own Grand Rapids too. We have friends on the team - so again let everyone know you own them too. how many other teams in the midwest do you own.

WE dont care- just disclose this to the legit owners and to the fans.

one way
Site Admin

Post by one way » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:44 pm

One way or another they are going to get you. One way or another. Toast

homeboypla
Site Admin

Homeboy called Michael Dulio a SCAM a year ago

Post by homeboypla » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:07 am

OK I called this guy out a year ago.. So we have the Explosion and the Slam that pay to play in the league and maybe LA as for the other teams no one pays.

I believe this league will fold in a few years and with cash being low we will see this fold...

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Reading all this negativity

Post by DakotaWiz » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:33 am

Anyone got any feedback on the Bellingham team?
Ridiculousupside.com -- A (Mostly) D-League Site

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:18 am

why did battle creek leave this league? because its a joke and the tv evangelist dulio, has done a terrible job running the league but a terrific job making himself money.

Why cant people see that he and newman just want to make money.

Tell me, how will the playoff teams be determined? will it be who can afford to go to them, or will the leagues best teams actually be in the playoffs?

My understanding is the league officials never attended one midwest game last season. Great support.

But I bet they got there league fees!

Return to “IBL”