Vancouver Titans Website

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
events
Site Admin

Vancouver Titans Website

Post by events » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:38 am

Vancouver Titans website is now live.Complete with schedule.
http://www.vancouvertitans.com
Are the Portland Chinooks confirmed for 2009 play?

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:43 pm

The "Oregon Wave" thread featured an article from Coos Bay (on the coast) where the IBL recently featured an exhibition between the Chinooks and Central Oregon.

Mikal Duilio runs the Chinooks IIRC. They aren't going away IMO.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

homeboypla
Site Admin

League owner to run two teams??

Post by homeboypla » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:43 am

No way this man can not run a league let alone two teams... Say it is not so.... how do yo know this about two teams called Explosion office and they did not know about this.....

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:43 pm

Whoa. STOP THE PRESSES!

The IBL site now shows "Portland Oregon Wave".

When you click there, it shows that it's made arrangements to play at Beaverton's YMCA or somesuch... wherever that is. (I don't know where the facility is. I grew up half in Beaverton, I know where THAT is.)

In other words, the Chinooks are gone, and since they seem to be introducing a new owner, MAYBE Duilio is out of the ownership game. Of course, I wouldn't blink at the notion of string pulling on Duilio's part.

My comment was going to be that Duilio has been running multiple teams in the past; it's par for the course with the IBL. However, this is at least a cosmetic change to SOP.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

kash55
Site Admin

Post by kash55 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:17 pm

I wish they would upgrade their site with boxscores and pictures.

homeboypla
Site Admin

Slam sore loosers in lost - Slam should be banned

Post by homeboypla » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:24 pm

The Slam organization was a disaster in the loss yesterday in Monroe as the Explosion never gave up and pull out a win behind the MVP of the league Deven Green.

Players jumped on bench seats breaking a chair and player slammed the water bucket down behind the bench hitting a child waiting for an autograph. What a bunch of thugs. I have been a fan since they joined the IBL and I am completely disappointed with the lack of respect in a loss.

Ok Mike League commissioner is this a rec league with a bunch of thugs or is the IBL going to take action I am so diaspaointed and then to read the Bellingham Press release makes me have little to no respect to this organization. Elkhart did not act like this after lossing the championship!!!

Bellingham GROW UP

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:38 am

[quote=""homeboypla""]The Slam organization was a disaster in the loss yesterday in Monroe as the Explosion never gave up and pull out a win behind the MVP of the league Deven Green.

Players jumped on bench seats breaking a chair and player slammed the water bucket down behind the bench hitting a child waiting for an autograph. What a bunch of thugs. I have been a fan since they joined the IBL and I am completely disappointed with the lack of respect in a loss.

Ok Mike League commissioner is this a rec league with a bunch of thugs or is the IBL going to take action I am so diaspaointed and then to read the Bellingham Press release makes me have little to no respect to this organization. Elkhart did not act like this after lossing the championship!!!

Bellingham GROW UP[/quote]

First if this is true I ask you to contact a few media outlets that cover the IBL and tell them your story. Whoever hit a kid should be suspended at the very least for a long time.

It really is high time the IBL have a legit article written about it. Granted it is nothing like the ABA, but there is so much wrong with it. They have teams running on volunteer staffs and players. Their championship is given to the same venue for several years. Sounds like players are hurting little kids.

A lot of teams are sitting out because the commish wants over 25k a year for a league fee and teams to run on a budget of at least 50 or 70k. Bottomline is that you can't make that back. The commish is turning into a guy not worried about his league but just trying to suck a few more 25k checks out of teams before they realize they are never going to breakeven.

Return to “IBL”