Las Vegas Stars = MESS

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
CoachSavage
Site Admin

Las Vegas Stars = MESS

Post by CoachSavage » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:19 am

Hi All,

Well I am sure that some of you have noticed that the Las Vegas Stars have been removed from the IBL website.

Well, here are a few facts about the downfall of the Stars.....

Alexis Levi, the owner/GM, has no money....I know you are surprised at this...because most mionor league team owners are wealthy...ya right...

She still owes the coach (ME) $1,200 -- this by itself is not news worthy becuase almost all coaches never get paid 100% of the money they are owed.

She also owes the YMCA that we played at a reprted $3,000+

But here is the real issue at hand and the following is why she has been removed.

Last season the Stars took a 10 day road trip to the NW. When we arrived at the airport we relized that we had no van's or buses waiting for us.

So, Alexis asked everyone on the team if they had a credit card to rent two SUV's. One player, and our unpaid assistant coach offered their credit cards.
Alexis rented the SUV's for one day knowing full well that we would be using them for 10 days. Her reasoning was that a one day rental was cheaper than a long term rental????WHAT????

Anyway, after a few days the two guys started getting calls from the rental company looking for the SUV's

Alexis assured them that she would take care of the bill when we returned....

Well, 10 days later we return the SUV's and ALexis does not pay for them.....

Fast forward 5 months.....Alexis has still not paid either guy ..... not even 1 red cent....

So Mikal Dulio does the right thing and pulls her from the league site until she pays the two guys back.

I know the league can not worry about every outstanding debt for each team but I applaud Mikal for at least putting the heat on Alexis to pay the two guys...

I can wait for my pay and the YMCA can wait, but these two young guys now have black marks on their credit just for trusting the team owner...

Now, in closing......I have way too many stories about Alexis to tell on this post, but just ask and I will tell you......

It is time that these owners are held accountable.....

Dan Savage

LandRoverUT60
Site Admin

Good Way to Step In...

Post by LandRoverUT60 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:44 am

Hopefully something gets done about it, and everyone can get paid and brought to justice (depending on who you are). At least this isn't as bad as the ABA. At least the commish (Dulio) has done something about it, cause Joe Newman wouldn't have.

Hopefully the team can still play again in Las Vegas (wether it be this year or next), but if not, then St. George, Utah is only 120 miles up I-15, and "St. George Stars" has a nice ring to it. :D

Keep hanging in there, Coach Savage.

CoachSavage
Site Admin

Post by CoachSavage » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:58 am

I would love to do a team in St. George but with this economy it would be tough to find a backer and sponsors......but I love the idea...

LandRoverUT60
Site Admin

Post by LandRoverUT60 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Are you still in the IBL? Do you still have any interest in a St. George team? Has anything changed on that front?

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:56 pm

When we looked into the IBL the commish told us that players and coaches don't get paid. So does anybody know for sure if players and coaches get paid in this league.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:19 pm

[quote=""Juniper""]When we looked into the IBL the commish told us that players and coaches don't get paid. So does anybody know for sure if players and coaches get paid in this league.[/quote]

It depends on the deal the team has with the coaches and players. When Gary was in the league, at least one player knew upfront that he wasn't going to get paid. Coach Spon got most of his money (I think), but the other players who were expecting a regular paycheck??? It never happened. Not regularly.

ALL BETS
Site Admin

Post by ALL BETS » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 pm

On getting paid just depends if the owner has any money. The league is taking over the Battle Creek team but all coachs and players are not getting paid. Also last the players and coach's from holland did not get paid either. I think the league is tring not to pay players or coach's it just a place to get started I g
Last edited by ALL BETS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:32 am

From what we saw down here, Coach Sare does not need much money to put a good team on the floor. I will miss seeing the Knights, we had some good battles. I am sure he will have them playing for a Championship.

ALL BETS
Site Admin

Post by ALL BETS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey coach Sare is not coming back to coach the Knights they did not ask him to come back. Someone else is taking over as head coach of the Knights.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:57 am

Wow, must have moved on to something bigger and better. Does anybody know how much it is to put a team in the IBL?

Return to “IBL”