Battle Creek Knights

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
Juniper
Site Admin

Battle Creek Knights

Post by Juniper » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 pm

I heard that the Knights will be playing in the PBL, but I heard they are going to play in the IBL as well. Does anybody know about this possibility?

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:37 pm

The Knights are finished with the IBL (as in, deleted from the IBL website, and IBL info has been replaced with PBL info on their page).
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:51 pm

I wonder if jumping from one crap league to another will really help their organization. If it was in trouble in the IBL why would it get any better in the PBL (winter IBL/ABA league). :confused:

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:54 pm

[quote=""balling2008""]I wonder if jumping from one crap league to another will really help their organization. If it was in trouble in the IBL why would it get any better in the PBL (winter IBL/ABA league). :confused: [/quote]
Do you actually have a basis for your calling the PBL a crap league?

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:03 pm

Well its just what agents & certain higher league coaches are saying. They say its better to go overseas then waste time looking bad in low league play. I kinda agree after talking to certain people/players who have experience bad raps for playing in such low leagues. I dont know maybe it will change in time but that is the word on the street. I guess if players get desperate enough they will take the risk.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:26 pm

[quote=""balling2008""]I wonder if jumping from one crap league to another will really help their organization. If it was in trouble in the IBL why would it get any better in the PBL (winter IBL/ABA league). :confused: [/quote]

Thank you.

I'm wondering the same thing. If they're having problems on-court and drawing fans in a low budget league, then how is switching to the PBL going to help their situation? It boggles my mind. It reminds me, a few years back, of all those lousy ABA teams announcing they were switching to the CBA. Mind boggling. Those teams were lousy in the ABA and were lousy in the CBA. Battle Creek has already flown two red flags. Red flag #1: Changing coaches during the season. Red flag #2: Keeping a weak team on the court. Both of these red flags often indicate an organization is low on funds.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot my question mark.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:33 am

Ken - I don't know if I would call Battle Creek a weak team. I watched them in the Eastern Conference finals, and they looked pretty good. While I can't comment on why the left the IBL, I can say that they looked to at least be a strong team at the end of the season.

bballnut14
Site Admin

Post by bballnut14 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:35 am

I agree, they were a much better team the last couple of weeks of the season. That is when they added 3 quality players. I can tell you this about there coach. His team will play harder then any team in the league. I quess I should say, no team will out work them. I can also say this. I have followed Bobby Madison since his college days. He has played for Battle Creek every year. He told me the the guys on the team love the new coach. He went on to say that he would play for Battle Creek as long as Coach was still in the driver seat. He said that goes for the rest of the team too. I think he did a great job after taking over. Those 3 players helped.

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:09 pm

bballnut14 I think you need to leave fantasy island. After emailing your post to a few people including B (who by the way does not appreciate you using his name) I got many laughs back and comments as to whoever is posting this smack is crazy. What you post is very far from the truth.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Mr. Balling,

Sorry, did not mean to make anybody mad. I can tell you one thing. I don't know much, but what I have posted is the truth. It appears you are upset with someone in Battle Creek. That I don't know, but as I say it appears. Were you associated with the team, and things did not work out for you? I do know this about players and coaches. If things don't work out with a team, it was the coach or organization that did not know what they were doing. It was not my fault, it had nothng to do with my play or attitude. I sense a little attude with you. Again, don't know, but just sensing. When you use B, who are you talking about. If it is who I am thinking, I am close enough to call him Bobby. I will say, I am a Bronco, and think the world of him.

I wonder how true your posts are. For one, you don't even know me and you refer to me a crazy. As my daughter looks over my shoulder, she want me to let you know she does know me, and her dad is not carzy.

I quess I wonder again, how much truth is there in your posts. Just remember you can hurt people by saying things about them that are not true. Stay positive. Somebody is watching!!!!!!, and he love you.

Return to “IBL”