...the Explosion look to be back with the IBL??

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:44 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]With all do respect, its people like you that allow these people to continue in their fraud. I talked to owners of ibl teams, and their franchise fees is in excess of twice what they recieve back in terms of services and goods from the league. [/quote]

Uh, no. It's people like you who don't know how to state an opinion without going overboard that hurt the case of those who have legitimate concerns about how the league is run. You can't just go around screaming that someone is stealing or committing fraud even if you feel the teams aren't getting good value for the money. Those are serious allegations, and it makes you look more like a kook if you don't provide proof. What it seems you're talking about is lack of value, not intentional deceit. If some of these teams agreed to pay what they now feel is too much, that was their mistake. They, and you, have to make a coherent argument as to why their deals with the league, which they again agreed to of their own free will, should be altered. Tell us what the fees are and what the teams get in return. Keep in mind that at the league level at least one guy has to earn a paycheck, too.

[quote=""not so fast""]For your information, I used to coach in the ibl, and I was a supporter of the ibl. but that was in the beginning, because the league had promise. However, it has not improved at all in four years. And then this guy continues to charge large franchise fees. And what do they get in return?

This is legitamate concerns that should be addressed. [/quote]

No one has to pay the fees unless they feel the IBL is the best place for their franchise. So far, these teams obviously have decided to stick with the IBL. Yes, legitimate concerns should be addressed. Unsubstantiated allegations should not, even when made by former coaches and supporters.
Last edited by preeths on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:46 pm

Okay, how about this, one of the top franchises in the ibll is leaving this week for the
PBL for the very reasons I stated. So you can support dulio the magician (the man who makes your money dissapear) all you want. But watch these teams leave this league one by one this summer and fall.

Aren't You suppose to be neutral on this board, but its obvious, you are like the mainstream media, picking sides.

The fact is, if people want to give their money to dulio thats okay with me, but I will tell the truth, whether you like it or not!

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]Okay, how about this, one of the top franchises in the ibll is leaving this week for the
PBL for the very reasons I stated. So you can support dulio the magician (the man who makes your money dissapear) all you want. But watch these teams leave this league one by one this summer and fall.

Aren't You suppose to be neutral on this board, but its obvious, you are like the mainstream media, picking sides.

The fact is, if people want to give their money to dulio thats okay with me, but I will tell the truth, whether you like it or not![/quote]

So what position do you have within the PBL? it is clear you are an "insider" within the PBL hence your negativism toward all other leagues.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:48 am

Whoa, NSF. Whoa!

Think for a moment.

Don't play the "you're either with us or against us" game. That merely tempts people to call your bluff.

It's perfectly alright (and surprisingly subversive) to say that the IBL charges a nice not-so-little fee and doesn't give you much in return. Too much angst directed at MD gives the indication, believe it or not, that the guy has done something right to get you all riled up.

Now searching for that little list of failed teams in this league that I researched. It speaks volumes at this point.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 am

//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... stcount=15

43 franchises ever PLAYED in the league (recalling a few announced that never materialized... not nearly as much as the ABA)

16 of those were one year and done.

8 more lasted two years. One sort of moved in the Columbus area.

18 finished this season, 2 of whom were Shanxi and USA All Stars.

Only 5 franchises have lasted 4 years in their general location (not giving Windy City / Elgin the benefit of the doubt), and Tacoma has played four years despite being two different franchises. Only two 2006 entries have survived. Of the three 2007 teams that survived, two relocated. A third of this league played their first year this year, and it's hard for me to believe that the Chinese or the All Stars represent a going concern. It's hard for me to believe that Las Vegas and Los Angeles can survive on their island. Edmonton fudging numbers larger than their capacity? Well...
Last edited by Pounder on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:20 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]Okay, how about this, one of the top franchises in the ibll is leaving this week for the

The fact is, if people want to give their money to dulio thats okay with me, but I will tell the truth, whether you like it or not![/quote]

I don't have any problem with you telling the truth. It's the unsubstantiated allegations I can do without. I asked for specifics, and you call me a Dulio supporter. Truth is, I don't know the man, and I want teams to do what's best for them. Be responsible, if you don't like the way the IBL is run, tell us why. Don't make unfounded claims of fraud and theft.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:39 pm

[quote=""PikevilleOT""]So what position do you have within the PBL? it is clear you are an "insider" within the PBL hence your negativism toward all other leagues.[/quote]
Don't jump to conclusions. I frankly hope that PBL insiders have better things to do with their time than post here.

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

not so fast, a PBL insider?

Post by DazedAndAmused » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:46 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]Don't jump to conclusions. I frankly hope that PBL insiders have better things to do with their time than post here.[/quote]

From not so fast recently:

This is why i am skeptical of these people running the PBL, they are not basketball people, they are business people, and they see everything in terms of money, but how about some quality basketball?...

...so he may be becoming more of a believer (maybe 'cause there's not much left elsewhere), but this doesn't sound like an insider to me. I don't know the IBL beef.......

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:42 am

wow, havent had this much attention since the rockford lightning days! This is great for my already over inflated ego!

I am not an insider to any league, but I do follow it closely just like all of you and I enjoy it. But I will not just sit and be quiet when there seems to be a gross injustice going on.

dulio is really coming across like he is a crook, and no I don't have any proof, but I do have common sense, I have worked in accounting for nearly 30 years, and I know that the league fees multiplied by the teams in the league, minus the assumed league expenses leaves a lot of cash unaccounted for. No I don't have an IRS offical audit, but I can add and subtract.

Lets not be in denial fellas, lets keep it real! Have the courage to face the truth!!!!

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:50 am

minus the assumed league expenses
assumed may be the key word here. You guys keep this stuff up, I won't have to spend 8 bucks for the X-files movie.

If you have facts, spill 'em. If not - it's pure conjecture and all the anti-dulio, anti-IBL rantings come across as personal vendettas.

Return to “IBL”