...the Explosion look to be back with the IBL??

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:55 am

This story is so bizarre that I have to question the legitimacy of it. I wonder if this whole thing has been fabricated to either put pressure on the city to build an arena, or perhaps just to drum up interest in the exhibition game they have coming up on Friday, which could be billed as the "last chance" to watch the Express.
Fabricated stories have phrases like "unnamed sources" and "an Illinois businessman" NOT quotes from coaches and named business men. It's also not Coach Beathea's style.

There's no need to make up stories to get publicity for the exhibition game - the list of local celebrities and politicians playing the first game will take care of that. Elkhart is still 'small town' in that regard. Promoting Friday as 'possibly the last chance to see the Express' would generate more bad feeling and decrease rather than increase attendance.

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:22 pm

It still seems weird some random business guy from Chicgao wants to pay that kinda money to relocate a team. I would wonder what this businessman does and his history. I think if people dug deeper into him and his motives maybe it would make sense.

Return to “IBL”