Vancouver Dragons

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
wellington
Site Admin

Vancouver Dragons

Post by wellington » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:20 am

Anybody know anything about Tuckman's plans for the Dragons. From some crazy reason I have a fascination with the Vancouver Dragons. I know that he is planning to wait till after the Winter Olympics, but any info would be appreciated.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:51 am

This I understand about Tuckman:

Apparently behind KONG TV in Seattle. Managed to sell KONG to KING (well, part of Belo Corp. and their essential stranglehold on Northwest TV), who has made something of a companion network out of the arrangement. Not the worst move (and reading the history tells me this is a concept Belo continued in Boise, whilst using the HD channels for similar effect in Portland).

Originally arranged a Bellevue CBA franchise. Never happened.

Couldn't sustain an ABA market reservation. Get in line, of course.

$10K for Great Falls was probably $9K too much, and rumors of problems have not subsided under him.

Has supposedly arranged three more CBA franchises... and is trying to negotiate with Comcast Arena errrrrr Everett Events Center people to knock down the rent for af2 and CBA in Everett.

Says he wants to run five teams at the same time... sound familiar? Thinks he'll get economies of scale, when the best he can hope for is Ken's caca list.

Honestly, (1) What has he done that has both come to fruition and been sustained? (2) How many irons in the fire?
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:04 am

Tuckman is an odd fellow..... He has been talking about 3-5 franchises he wants to run for the past 2 years and has excuses to not start them then goes and buys a team.... I actually like his idea, you can say Apex did it but if you put 3 teams in Vancouver, Bend, and suburban Seattle and expand to other possible northwest cities you will cut travel cost and be in distance to have fans travel to away games something that is lost with today CBA... Ya there is 2 teams in Montana but people don't like to travel in Montana during the winter and the Butte and Great Falls aren't huge.... I remember the days where people from Sioux Falls would travel west to Rapid or south to Omaha something you don't see much anymore....

I think if somebody had there sh*t in line it would work but Tuckmann can operate one ABA team yet numerous CBA teams..... I do like the Vancouver Dragons logo though.....

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:22 am

[quote=""jjbballfan""]

I do like the Vancouver Dragons logo though.....[/quote]
Yea. Its a cool looking logo. Vancouver is a great city, but its also going to be an expensive city to operate a team.

Return to “CBA”