X beat Minot

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Yeah, you've got me on THAT one

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:26 pm

[quote=""psbf""]but why should I post them for you? Regardless of how big, you won't have anything good to say about it anyway. You never do.[/quote]

Okay, you're right. I'm not going to have anything good to say about this crowd size. Nice pic though. Thanks.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CRUSADERSFAN
Site Admin

Post by CRUSADERSFAN » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:40 pm

Sounds good, how can I find you?

Also, I'll try to get some good material for that article about the X I had intended to write. Too bad Barry Beal never got back to me.

psbf
Site Admin

I've not

Post by psbf » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:52 pm

heard from Barry, since his reply to me. But you may try the link 'Contact us' on the Xplosion website. I was sent a response using that.
As far as finding me, not hard. After you go thru the turnstile(s), go right and find the next ramp leading into the arena. Take that and head for the stairs to the right. I'll be at the bottom of the Orange seats, wearing my Xplosion cap and shirt(in the rare event that I'm not on that side, I'll be along the steps to the left).

psbf
Site Admin

First off

Post by psbf » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:58 pm

Ken, that's the wrong picture. Second, there are more fans off to the right side out of view of that picture. Oh, I forgot, you are always a pessimist.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:05 pm

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Out of view, or just OUT of the arena?

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:17 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Ken, that's the wrong picture. Second, there are more fans off to the right side out of view of that picture. Oh, I forgot, you are always a pessimist.[/quote]

Thanks again for the pic. Yes, I know this is the Petersen Events Center and NOT the Mellon Arena (it evens says so on the video scoreboard, lol). However, it IS an Xplosion home game. Is it not?

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Mellon Arena

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:24 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Ken, that's the wrong picture. Second, there are more fans off to the right side out of view of that picture. Oh, I forgot, you are always a pessimist.[/quote]

Okay, is THIS the pic? Another nice pic by the way. This is Mellon Arena and those are definitely the Xplosion over there by the scorers' table. Are the fans out of view to the right in this photo too? 8)

BTW, I'm out of view to the west all the way back in Indiana. 8)
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:41 pm

I will say this much about the Xplosion-Skyrockets game. When Minot was held to seven points in the first quarter - that was the lowest number of points allowed in a quarter by ANY CBA team in the modern era (1978-present). Albany was held to eight points by Yakama in a 2006 game; the Dakota Wizards were held to 8 points by the Flint Fuze in a 2001 contest.

If you want to go all the way back to the CBA's Eastern League days, the fewest number of points in a quarter would be two - Williamsport (Pa.) held Pottsville (Pa.) to two points in a 4-2 opening quarter. An explanation. Even though there was no shot clock employed at the time, teams tried to "freeze" the ball in the fourth quarter once they had a lead. Williamsport decided that for this game, they were going to attempt to "freeze" the ball in the first quarter. They eventually won the game (I think the score was 55-50), but the league fined them $100 for poor sportsmanship. In 1955, the league employed the 24-second shot clock (their first 24-second clocks were borrowed from the Philadelphia Warriors, and were only used on a trial basis, game by game - some clocks were used the entire match, others were only used in the final five minutes of the game).

And that's your CBA history lesson for today.

psbf
Site Admin

Very impressive

Post by psbf » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:49 am

Chuck! I'll let you know what happens tomorrow night. Hopefully, the Xplosion will be a game over the even mark again.

Return to “CBA”