Alley Cats go idle

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
psbf
Site Admin

Alley Cats go idle

Post by psbf » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:41 pm

According to a press release, the Indiana Alley Cats were forced out by the ABA Anderson Champons. Since the Alley Cats are looking for a new place to call home, they will not be competing this season. So much for their rivalry with East Kentucky. But there is still the Xplosion. I look forward to seeing where the Alley Cats end up for 07/08. At my count, that leaves 8;
1) Xplosion 2) East Kentuky 3) Minot 4) Butte 5) Great Falls 6) Albany 7) Yakama 8) OkC franchise.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:48 pm

9) Atlanta
10) Gary?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Fells
Site Admin

Post by Fells » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:50 pm

[quote=""psbf""]According to a press release, the Indiana Alley Cats were forced out by the ABA Anderson Champons. Since the Alley Cats are looking for a new place to call home, they will not be competing this season. So much for their rivalry with East Kentucky. But there is still the Xplosion. I look forward to seeing where the Alley Cats end up for 07/08. At my count, that leaves 8;
1) Xplosion 2) East Kentuky 3) Minot 4) Butte 5) Great Falls 6) Albany 7) Yakama 8) OkC franchise.[/quote]

Forced out by an ABA team that probably won't make it to Opening Night? Yowzers.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:00 pm

Psst...He really shouldn't have mentioned the ABA...Now Crazy Joe will do whatever victory dance he does...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:47 pm

[quote=""Fells""]Forced out by an ABA team that probably won't make it to Opening Night? Yowzers.[/quote]

The Alley Cats were not forced-out of Anderson by an ABA team. That's just the Trinity Group making excuses again. The city of Anderson, Indiana did not want or need either team. Besides, the Alley Cats (and Trinity?) did practically nothing to market their franchise--ever!

bdaly
Site Admin

Post by bdaly » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:53 am

It's a little bit of addition by subtraction. A team that draws a few hundred fans and operates much like an average team from that "other league" doesn't help the CBA. I'm not surprised by this, and in the end, it's probably not a bad thing for the CBA. An organization that struggles to update their website doesn't belong in the CBA.

panchess
Site Admin

Not a big surprise..

Post by panchess » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:57 pm

...Anderson didn't seem like CBA country in any event, but Trinity didn't do a good job marketing the team. $5 seats, all general admission, in a 8,500 seat high school gym with no alcohol sales is not a good path for success. Anderson is probably too close to Indy

The Alley Cats managed to bring 13 people (10 players, two coaches and a trainer) to road games, so they weren't skimping there.

Hopefully the Steelheads will still be coming back.

MinorofaMan
Site Admin

Post by MinorofaMan » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:41 pm

Well, the team has left for a new town, so what do YOU think would be an appropriate location to place a minor league team? I'm thinking somewhere like Richmond, Va or Norfolk (both have 12-13,000 seat stadiums which is nice) but if that seems like to BIG of a market, maybe somewhere that is close-knit, like West Virginia, or Delaware.

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Indiana needs to move to Rockford or to Rosemont, Maybe somewhere in Wisconsin like Green Bay. Maybe into Cincinnati.

psbf
Site Admin

In West Virginia

Post by psbf » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:49 pm

the Xplosion would have a nice rivarly and Wheeling has some minor league fan base.

Return to “CBA”