Pikesville

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
sportsguy12
Site Admin

Here is the web page in question

Post by sportsguy12 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:22 pm

[quote=""rider""]It was on their web site a hour ago[/quote]

http://www.triseg.com/sports.htm

The Company has entered into Asset Purchase Agreements with the owners of the Southern California (“So Cal”) Legends, Indiana Alley Cats, Pittsburgh Xplosion and Miami Majesty (formerly the Florida Pit Bulls), all of which played in the ABA (American Basketball Association) during the 2005-2006 season.

Please note: It's Majesty not Magestics

panchess
Site Admin

We'll see...

Post by panchess » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:03 pm

..as mentioned Bismarck and Sioux Falls aren't exactly big markets, but they are probably the best minor league franchises in existence.

More importantly, Pikesville does give a busable market between Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

bectond
Site Admin

Post by bectond » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:24 pm

[quote=""panchess""]
More importantly, Pikesville does give a busable market between Pittsburgh and Atlanta.[/quote]

More important than that is the schedule. Will the league schedule the teams to travel Pittsburgh-Pikeville-Atlanta. If so somebody is going to get stuck with a lot of weeknight games. I doubt if they do that, they will most likely combine Anderson - Pikeville and Pittsburgh as a travel grouping since Anderson normally plays on Sunday, i'm assuming that Pikeville has the cheapest hotel rates so road teams will most likely spend the most a lot of days in Pikeville and the Miners will be playing the vast amount of the week night games with Pittsburgh getting the majority of the Fri-Sat dates at the end of the road trip. Atlanta is planning on providing a game/concert combo so they will most likely will be grouped with Albany. Atlanta on Fri and Ablany on Sat or vice versa.
Basketball Junkie and Rummikub Champion

psbf
Site Admin

This is the first

Post by psbf » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:32 pm

time I've heard Anderson mentioned. The last time I checked, they were an ABA team. While nothing has been heard from the Indiana Alley Cats.
While I welcome Pikesville, I still have some concerns with that team. But I do agree it could become a nice rivalry with us-if they promote it right.

psbf
Site Admin

It looks

Post by psbf » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:49 pm

like Indiana is not going to be returning, according to their website. So at this point;
Xplosion
Minot
Albany
Great Falls
Butte
Yakama
Atlanta
Vancouver
Oklahoma City
And hopefully we get at least one more in. Though no word yet on any new city for the former Utah franchise.

one way
Site Admin

where

Post by one way » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:48 pm

where does it say on their web site that they are not returning?

psbf
Site Admin

I've not

Post by psbf » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:27 pm

seen anything on their website that indicates that they are returning. If you see it, please let me know.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

This is pretty clear here

Post by sportsguy12 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:47 pm

[quote=""psbf""]seen anything on their website that indicates that they are returning. If you see it, please let me know.[/quote]

http://www.triseg.com/alleycats.htm

It states TSEG is the owner and going to field an Indiana team this coming season.
Last edited by sportsguy12 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

East Kentucky Miners info is here ...

Post by sportsguy12 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:49 pm

psbf
Site Admin

Clarification

Post by psbf » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:21 pm

On the TSEG website, Indiana is one of two teams logos that the company owns. But on the Alley Cats website, there is nothing to indicate that they will be back. Which obviously, if TSEG owns them, they will return. I'm just stating that the Alley Cats website does not say anything. Anyone else, draw your own conclusions.

Return to “CBA”