Pikesville

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
psbf
Site Admin

Pikesville

Post by psbf » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:32 am

This may or may not be news to anyone, but the team formerly known as the Florida Pittbulls was moved to Pikesville and will be called the Eastern Ky. Minors. This according to the updated TSEG website. They also own a team called the Miami Magestics. Yet under their sports link, all four teams are mentioned(Ind., Xplosion, SoCal and Mia.).

jwalters
Site Admin

Post by jwalters » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:44 am

This is a real kick in my male parts. Pikeville is in the middle of nowhere. There are about 6,000 people that live there and around 60,000 people in the whole county. They have an arena that seats around 6,000 for basketball but the venue is losing money. Why? Because it is in the middle of nowhere.
Why wont a team come to Owensboro. We have a 5,000 seat arena and we are an area much larger than Bismarck, ND which I'm sure you will all agree has done a good job with its team. This is a case of someone not really knowing about the area.

psbf
Site Admin

Update

Post by psbf » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:42 pm

The TSEG website says they own the Magestics and Indiana Alley Cats. I sent TSEG an email and received a response this morning saying they do not, nor have they ever owned the Xplosion.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:53 pm

[quote=""jwalters""]This is a real kick in my male parts. Pikeville is in the middle of nowhere. There are about 6,000 people that live there and around 60,000 people in the whole county. They have an arena that seats around 6,000 for basketball but the venue is losing money. Why? Because it is in the middle of nowhere.
Why wont a team come to Owensboro. We have a 5,000 seat arena and we are an area much larger than Bismarck, ND which I'm sure you will all agree has done a good job with its team. This is a case of someone not really knowing about the area.[/quote]

Isn't it more like 80,000 in the county?

Pikeville is a curiosity to me, precisely 'cause I'd like to know where those thousands of people not in Pikeville actually live. I haven't studied the area income, mind you, and I bet that's not a pretty picture.

BTW, if your arena isn't accepting someone that ends up in a town of 6,000, the real question to be asked is what your arena people are asking in rent, or what dates they're offering, or what have you. That seems to hold more weight these days, never mind that it does seem to place cart before horse.

rider
Site Admin

Trinity owns Pittsburgh

Post by rider » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:28 pm

According to Trininty's Sports & Entertainmnet's Web site , it claims they own Pittsburgh! Why would they send out a email saying otherwise! Not a wise move for the league to allow their team going to Pikes Kentucky, somebody in the CBA has to take some leadership soon.The decison is based on no money thinking that they can get away with operating on the cheap

psbf
Site Admin

I thought

Post by psbf » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:03 pm

TSEG owned the Xplosion too, but not according to the rep who responded to me. I don't know when you last checked the company's website, rider, but I checked it this am after months of not being able to get on because the site was under construction. The updated version only has the emblems of two teams(mentioned previously). I have no idea what happened, or maybe the representative has no Basketball knowledge. He claims the company never owned them. Take that for what it's worth. I don't know what's going on with TSEG currently.

rider
Site Admin

Pittsburgh

Post by rider » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:44 pm

It was on their web site a hour ago

psbf
Site Admin

You may

Post by psbf » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:59 pm

be looking on the 'Sports' link which is at the top of the front page. On the Sports link it talks about all four teams and their plans. But on the front page it only mentions Indiana an Miami and the Florida team's move to Kentucky and why they did it. No mention of the Xplosion or the other team. And I just re-checked.

one way
Site Admin

lease

Post by one way » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:59 pm

it all depends on the areana lease. That is more important that the population of the town. If the rent is cheap and you get dates, then you have a shot. If the rent is high, no matter how many people live in the area, you are done.

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:28 pm

I'll agree if you can get a favorable lease agreement 60,000 in a county is more then enough fan support.... However I don't know about corporation sponsers though... thats one thing that is forgot about in minor league sports alot of them make there money on the sponserships not generally attendence though the more you draw the better the chances are.

Return to “CBA”