Pikesville

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
logoguru
Site Admin

Post by logoguru » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:32 pm

[quote=""psbf""]I'm just stating that the Alley Cats website does not say anything. Anyone else, draw your own conclusions.[/quote]

Why not? You did. I think aliens are going to run the team and move them to Venus.

I mean, just because YOU want some kind of justification doesnt mean that theyll give it to you. You know what assume stands for....
________
LIVE SEX
Last edited by logoguru on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

psbf
Site Admin

I'm aware

Post by psbf » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:19 pm

of what it is to ass u me, which is why I don't. I reported what I saw. Indiana will apparently be back, which I'm glad about. But the Alley Cats website has yet to be updated to add it.

logoguru
Site Admin

Post by logoguru » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:06 pm

But your assuming since they didnt say anything....which is quite a stretch.
________
buy a condo in Pattaya

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Well, at least Apex actually exists

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:20 pm

When Trinity Sports and Entertainment Group first came onto the scene, I couldn't understand their concept of teams coming together to share resources and save money. I still don't understand the concept and can't think of anything TSEG has actually done beyond making announcements every now and then. It also seems like Trinity Sports and Entertainment Group is not really a Group at all. It seems like it is Demetrius Ford working by his lonesome.

Well, maybe the website will attract additional investors...but, Arena development?!? Those two words always raise a red flag when it comes to minor league hoops.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

TSEG is the new owner

Post by sportsguy12 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:53 pm

[quote=""psbf""]On the TSEG website, Indiana is one of two teams logos that the company owns. But on the Alley Cats website, there is nothing to indicate that they will be back. Which obviously, if TSEG owns them, they will return. I'm just stating that the Alley Cats website does not say anything. Anyone else, draw your own conclusions.[/quote]

Maybe they are more concerned right now with securing an arena, etc. so the league can finalize its schedule. Then they will update the Alley Cats site, if that is what they are going to call them.

Their logo is hideous and the name is not much better. So maybe they are actually going to do some marketing or re-branding, which is something that the previous owners did not do well.

At any rate, who cares what the team website says if the ownership's site says they are playing.

If the owner's word isn't good enough, then I'm not sure who you would ask. That's why they are the owner.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

Thud

Post by sportsguy12 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:54 pm

[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]When Trinity Sports and Entertainment Group first came onto the scene, I couldn't understand their concept of teams coming together to share resources and save money. I still don't understand the concept and can't think of anything TSEG has actually done beyond making announcements every now and then. It also seems like Trinity Sports and Entertainment Group is not really a Group at all. It seems like it is Demetrius Ford working by his lonesome.

Well, maybe the website will attract additional investors...but, Arena development?!? Those two words always raise a red flag when it comes to minor league hoops.[/quote]

I'm sure they will regret putting a team in Pikesville about mid-season.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:31 pm

Pikeville is a brilliant market. Some one definitely knows what they are doing. I don't blame all of you for not giving a team there the benefit of the doubt (there's almost no such thing on this website any more - especially for minor league basketball).

Nevertheless, Pikeville is quite the basketball town. Even when the college team was losing, we still brought a good crowd. The people there need something extra to do. I'm sure they will come out and support the team - at least in the beginning. With the proper marketing and investing in the community, Pikeville will be a success. They MOST CERTAINLY NOT regret putting a team there. Brand new arena...basketball-loving community...a town thet needs something extra to do...it will do well!

panchess
Site Admin

Trinity sessions..

Post by panchess » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:51 pm

..I agree with Ken on the distribution of work. Though they managed to keep the Alley Cats going, Trinity seems like an ABA-style group with "big-name" front people who don't do much (though somebody wrote enough checks to keep the Alley Cats going, they must have lost a ton of money in Anderson last season), and a worker bee that does the work. They got little press coverage, and the available pictures show next to no people in the stands.

When Indiana came to Albany last season, they normally had 13 people with them. The CBA had a travel agreement that it would be share travel for 11, but the individual teams had to pay for the extras. The Albany Patroons, one of the most stable teams in the league, travelled with 11 everywhere (only one coach for the Finals). Somebody picked up the tab for that.

I still don't know who owns the Xplosion, which was a Trinity franchise, but seemingly isn't owned by them anymore.

The name of the team? It has a ring to it, though I agree the logo is strange-looking.

Playing in Indianapolis? Doesn't make sense to me. It's a major league city like Salt Lake. Going to Hammond, Terre Haute or some other Indiana city without a pro team would make a lot more sense.

logoguru
Site Admin

Post by logoguru » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:00 pm

[quote=""panchess""]Playing in Indianapolis? Doesn't make sense to me. It's a major league city like Salt Lake. Going to Hammond, Terre Haute or some other Indiana city without a pro team would make a lot more sense.[/quote]

Isnt Indiana and Kentucky known for basketball lovers? Why wouldnt that carry over to the CBA?

2005 Population

Indianapolis 784,118
Fort Wayne 223,341 DLeague
Evansville 115,918
South Bend 107,789
Gary 98,715
Hammond 79,217
Bloomington 69,017
Muncie 66,164
Lafayette 60,459
Carmel 59,243
Anderson 57,500

2005 Population

Louisville 556,429
Lexington 268,080
Owensboro 55,459
Bowling Green 52,272
Covington 42,811
Richmond 30,893

Population (2000)
Pike County
________
Montana Cannabis Dispensaries

psbf
Site Admin

The X

Post by psbf » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:10 pm

Before TSEG came aboard, the Xplosion were owned by Freddy Lewis and some former Steelers. I have no idea if the company still has any involvement with the Xplosion, but if not, I'm guessing that Lewis and company still own them. I don't know what is going on with their ownership, but I'll be enjoying them especially this season, since the Pens will have their last season at Mellon Arena and I don't know wher the Xplosion will play after the coming season.
As for Indiana, they are rich in Basketball history so it surprises me that the Alley Cats don't promote more. But ownership insisted they were going to promote more during the offseason. I don't know what is going on there.

Return to “CBA”