May be the new CBA?

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Precious Roy
Site Admin

May be the new CBA?

Post by Precious Roy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:36 pm

(October 30, 2009) - The Continental Basketball League (CBL) announced today that they will be joining the minor league basketball landscape with a design to redefine the way business is done in basketball. The CBL will kick off their first season in April, 2010 and conclude the last weekend of June with a Single-Elimination tournament to be held at a venue to be announced. With a strong experienced management team in place, new ideas and innovation will take hold to insure that teams, executives, players receive the exposure to take their games to the next level.

The CBL will be headquartered in Florida and will feature a minimum of seven teams participating in the 2010 season of play. To date a total of 14 teams have submitted applications for membership, although additional locations and markets will continue to receive consideration for the 2010 season. A final roster of teams and alignment for the inaugural season will be announced in the coming weeks.

Veteran minor league executive Dennis Truax has been named Commissioner of the CBL for the inaugural season and former professional player and businessman Gary Perry has been selected as Director of Basketball Operations.

"I am extremely pleased and honored to have been asked to help lead the CBL in their first season. The CBL has been designed to deliver the best basketball action during the spring months, while serving as active, valued and integral members of their respective communities. We want to use the Internet to market and showcase the teams and talent in a new exciting way. The CBL will be at the forefront of all basketball minor leagues as a trend setter in this regard. With the explosion of immediate updates and information now society, the CBL will provide the fans with what they want, instant updates about the league and their favorite teams and players," said Truax.

"We at the CBL will strive to provide a sensible way at keeping costs to a minimum in the present economy, all the while insuring that the action on the court is top notch and professional. People will still come to games to be entertained and we want to provide that entertainment at a great price," said Perry.

Additional structural and organizational details involving league scheduling, rules and regulations will be determined in the weeks ahead, with specifics made available once finalized. For additional information regarding the CBL, visit http://www.cblhoopsonline.com.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:05 am

Good work Precious Roy.

Two things jump out at me right away.....

1/ Dennis Truax
2/ http://www.cblhoopsonline.com very similar to http://www.cbAhoopsonline.com

I wish them well.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:27 am

Here's another one that jumps out, but not necessarily in a good way: wasn't Gary Perry affiliated with the Augusta Groove?

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

I'm still trying to find something positive to latch on to, but...

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:00 am

Minor league basketball is in such a sad state.

Yes, he was the owner of the Augusta Groove. Obviously, he's taking his bouncing checkbook from town to town throughout the southeast. Geez!

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:28 pm

I do wish them well, however spring/summer ball in Florida is a hard sell given the weather here along with the many entertainment alternatives. Truax should know what he is doing however, I am sure there is a reason why the PBL no longer wanted his services. I looked at the website, like the layout, however there are many blanks yet to be filled in. Also no sponsorship means no money! :mrgreen:

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:04 pm

insight into the reason Truax's services were no longer desired within the PBL?

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:34 pm

With all due respect to the work that D.T. has done for the CBA, the way he treated me when I was trying to find news on the Xplosion, was completely unacceptable. I no longer care what he does.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:37 am

how did he treat you? do you have any of the communications saved?

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Well, at first he was nice about answering, but then he seemed to get a little irritant, which you can't do when you deal with the public(imo). You always have to keep your good side, regardless of the circumstances.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:52 am

[quote=""psbf""]Well, at first he was nice about answering, but then he seemed to get a little irritant, which you can't do when you deal with the public(imo). You always have to keep your good side, regardless of the circumstances.[/quote]

In how many of these emails to you somehow, someway discuss the folded Xplosion?

Based upon your singular obsession, he probably tired of your one-horse show after the second or third version appeared.

Just because he is a public figure doesn't mean he has to always treat you to roses and lollipops. There is a h-u-g-e space between always cheerful and Newman-esque when it comes to email attitude; he could fall easily within that range and still be professional.
Last edited by ABARedWhiteBlue on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Return to “CBA”