May be the new CBA?

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:20 am

Get off of your obsession of me, RWB. You don't listen to the facts that I have, all you are always concerned with is that I'm wrong with no matter what I post. Try READING what I post!

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:45 am

[quote=""psbf""]Get off of your obsession of me, RWB. You don't listen to the facts that I have, all you are always concerned with is that I'm wrong with no matter what I post. Try READING what I post![/quote]

OK KC, let's read what you posted together:
[quote=""psbf""]With all due respect to the work that D.T. has done for the CBA, the way he treated me when I was trying to find news on the Xplosion, was completely unacceptable. I no longer care what he does.[/quote]

And my post said:
ABARedWhiteBlue wrote:In how many of these emails to you somehow, someway discuss the folded Xplosion?

Based upon your singular obsession, he probably tired of your one-horse show after the second or third version appeared.
YOU said you were 'trying to find news on the Xplosion' - and since you have shown a propensity on OSC to shoehorn the X into virtually every board you post on and the vast majority of the messages you write, it really isn't much of a leap to consider he grew tired of hearing the same thing over and over.

I'm sure Dennis Treau is awake at night concerned about your feelings toward him (Dennis Truax is busy with a new league).
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:41 pm

i'd give him another chance as all people deserve a second chance in life. Although he is busy starting a new leaugue, try emailing him one more time as he probably has more information at this time about the Xplosion and will most likely love to hear more from you.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:15 pm

RWB and PSBF, take it to PM's please.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

scoutmaster
Site Admin

Post by scoutmaster » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:21 pm

..wouldn't be fair to call this anything close to a "new CBA" (for better or worse) but Truax is well respected and knows a lot of players and sponsors. i don't believe we need another minor league (we need to get rid of a few) but it does look cool that the teams run it (if we are to believe the website.) when it comes to the players i work with and know, if they are going to play spring ball the priorities are a good place to live and a good town to live in.....hopefully getting a little spending money. anybody else know where the teams are supposed be? the southeast is an attractive spot (especially the coastal states) so hopefully they'll concentrate teams there and not try to be "national" like others.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:39 pm

[quote=""scoutmaster""]Anybody else know where the teams are supposed be?[/quote]
One of them is the Wilmington Sea Dawgs.

JAKMAN
Site Admin

Post by JAKMAN » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:09 pm

I knew the CBA's death was coming, but still hard to believe the CBA (name and league) are done. They probably came close to dying hundreds of times, but still, it was alive for nearly 60 years. Got to give it props for that, if nothing else.

Return to “CBA”