My second-to-last commitment to the CBA

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

My second-to-last commitment to the CBA

Post by Chuck the Writer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:47 am

Last Sunday morning, I loaded up my car full of CBA memorabilia (and it was a tight fit, let me tell you), and drove two hours to Springfield, Mass.

http://blog.timesunion.com/chuckmiller/ ... -fame/440/

I still have a commitment to eventually finish a book on the history of the CBA, but for now the memorabilia and materials I collected over the years has now found a new and appropriate home, where future basketball scholars may study the collection, and where it may eventually end up as part of a minor league basketball display at the Hall of Fame.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:10 pm

You are so lucky to have all those souvenirs, Chuck. My momentos of the Piranhas is a program a shirt and cap. From the Xplosion, also shirt(2, one of each league) and cap along with a sweatshirt a couple two for one coupons and my ticket stubs. The Xplosion had limited souvenirs(although I was assured that more would come), I'd seen some fans wearing jackets.
If the Xplosion had managed souvenirs the way they promoted their team in the first season(and beyond) they would not have had problems. I've also got pictures that I'd taken of each home game(worth nothing to anyone else but all my X stuff is priceless to me).

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Most of the memorabilia from the CBA I obtained was during the seasons extending from 2002-2006, mostly from the Dakota Wizards...newspaper clippings, autographs, tons of pictures. Some items that I will never part with are Miles Simon's game shoes from the 2002 Championship Game, a piece of the net from that game, and Chris Porter's game worn road jersey from the 2004-2005 season. I recently discovered that we are able to upload photo albums to our OSC profile, so I added a few. These are pictures I had saved on my computer... I might add more when I go back home for the holidays:

//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... ?albumid=9

If anyone else has CBA memorabilia, make your own photo albums. I want to see what you have!

Return to “CBA”