CBA Coming Back New and Improved

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Mysteryman
Site Admin

CBA Coming Back New and Improved

Post by Mysteryman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:15 am

Ken heard the same thing I heard, the CBA will be back with experienced front office staff, limited budgets and solid leadership. Expect announcements shortly.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm going to say the same thing I said to the last thread starter on this subject. Unless I see official word on this, it's hearsay.
I'll add that unless my area is included, I could care less.

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:36 pm

limited budgets... you are speaking my language. but you need franchise owners for those. so far... just more talk on a message board.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:49 pm

It may indeed be more than talk. Let's keep in mind though that any reincarnated CBA would bear almost no connection to the CBA that essentially went belly up this year.

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:54 pm

[quote=""preeths""]It may indeed be more than talk. [/quote]

i do hope so. but you can't just jump to conclusions based on some random posters sourceless claims... well unless you know something.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.

JAKMAN
Site Admin

Post by JAKMAN » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:26 pm

The AFL couldn't make it. How can the CBA do it?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Not sure I understand. What connection are you making between the two leagues?

ryanacra
Site Admin

Post by ryanacra » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm

I know it might be a long shot...but I hope the CBA makes it back. The two years I was GM in Great Falls are easily the best of my professional career. It is really too bad that a few owners, unfortunately the two that owned my team, ruined a legendary league.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 pm

[quote=""ryanacra""]I know it might be a long shot...but I hope the CBA makes it back. The two years I was GM in Great Falls are easily the best of my professional career. It is really too bad that a few owners, unfortunately the two that owned my team, ruined a legendary league.[/quote]
But what if all that's back is a name? What if there are none of the final four members of the league? Does the CBA being back solely in name cut it for you? I'm not going to fault you if it does, being a Cleveland Browns fan and all, but I do wonder if it will.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:59 pm

It would be nice if the league could come back, but until I see some kind of an official press release on it, I'm not going to believe it. My memories of the league are from the Piranhas and the Xplosion. The CBA needs some honest and responsible people at the head and maybe a change in name. But I see the chances are slim.

Return to “CBA”