Former Albany Patroon arrested in double murder

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
ajp0033
Site Admin

Former Albany Patroon arrested in double murder

Post by ajp0033 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:13 pm

James Richardson surrendered to police in North Carolina Saturday. Article is below.

http://capitalnews9.com/content/top_sto ... nCookie=12

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:09 pm

[quote=""ajp0033""]James Richardson surrendered to police in North Carolina Saturday. Article is below.

http://capitalnews9.com/content/top_sto ... nCookie=12[/quote]

I barely remember James Richardson. He only started two of 20 games he played, and when he refused to take the court unless he started more, head coach Micheal Ray Richardson cut him. I think he only averaged 2 points and 1 rebound per game.

But then again, that year I think the Patroons used up their allotment of player roster moves on such wonderful talent as Devonnaire Deas (an Albany High hoops star who flunked out of college), Jeremy McNeil (and his ten-ton lead feet), and Cory Hightower, long after Hightower had any semblance of skills.

Of course, that season T.J. Thompson became the first Patroon to break 50 points in a game (against Gary, nyah nyah Ken), James Thomas got two call-ups to the Chicago Bulls, and this lanky Alabama minor league lifer named Jamario Moon signed up in the middle of the season. Wonder whatever happened to that Moon guy... I know one thing, though... he wasn't out shooting up grocery stores in Greenville.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Yeah, T.J. Thompson was the one bright spot for Albany that year. Although, the Steelheads eliminated the Patroons to reach the CBA finals that year (or something like that, I think the playoffs were based on quarter points that year).

...and of course, the NBA scouts noticed Jamario Moon while he was playing for the USBL Steelheads. Probably had something to do with Gary's proximity to Chicago.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:55 pm

According to the T-U(those interviewed), he was a nice guy and very reserved. This is sad. I wonder what made him lose it?

Return to “CBA”