CBA lives

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Why dont you call Doyle and ask if the PBL ( the league that pays travel ref and uniforms and doesnt take an expansion fee or monthly maintenance fee) owes any team money....the answer is NO..call and ask...BUT wait...Doyle will be calling you soon about your slanderous comments on OSC... LOL

Isnt it a shame, that BC cant make money after being in 2 leagues after 5 years? Even with the PBL picking up alot of costs they still couldnt make it?
Word has it that you were an employee for BC.....in what capacity.? You know I will find out sooner than later.........

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]BUT wait...Doyle will be calling you soon about your slanderous comments on OSC... LOL

[/quote]
So you are Doyle! I finally figured it out.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:59 pm

[quote=""wellington""]So you are Doyle! I finally figured it out.[/quote]

Please don't go there........
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:23 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]Why dont you call Doyle and ask if the PBL ( the league that pays travel ref and uniforms and doesnt take an expansion fee or monthly maintenance fee) owes any team money....the answer is NO..call and ask...BUT wait...Doyle will be calling you soon about your slanderous comments on OSC... LOL

Isnt it a shame, that BC cant make money after being in 2 leagues after 5 years? Even with the PBL picking up alot of costs they still couldnt make it?
Word has it that you were an employee for BC.....in what capacity.? You know I will find out sooner than later.........[/quote]
He does know that truth is an absolute defense, right?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

sonnie20
Site Admin

Post by sonnie20 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:59 am

I'm not a Employee of the Knights and I'm not a spokesperson for the team but I'am a big Knights fan asking the same questions you are putting on the CBL. The reason I don't call is they are not truthfull IMO, If you look on the PBL board some of the same questions about your league have been asked but I don't see you addressing those. I just think IMO you shouldn't rip on others when some of the same issues have been raised about the PBL(thats slanderous as well) Oh and I really don't care if Doyle or Sev call me I'm not impressed with them or their league or you. You should quit thinking your above everyone else and can do whatever you please. P.S not a PBL fan.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Did I miss something here, what was slanderous that was said? and if message boards speak is slanderous and open for lawsuits, then man o man, this will be a real feast for the lawyers in this country.

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Do minor leagues in general have problems that need to be addressed ... absolutely. Will the CBA be back ... maybe, but not as we know it. Is the PBL perfect ... no. However, the PBL comes the closest to doing things the right way. Everyone on this board would like to change somethings the PBL is doing. Keep in mind, this is a two year old league. There will be and are growing pains, trial and error, good and bad. The bottom line is ... there is no perfection in minor leagues. Blame it on Joe Newman, the NBA, or whoever ... it doesn't matter. At least the PBL is a viable minor league. :mrgreen:

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:45 pm

Well put, Ref!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

sonnie20
Site Admin

Post by sonnie20 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Time will tell and I really don't think the way they do buisness is in their favor. So we shall see.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Well, the state of minor league basketball is in their favor, and that, unfortunately, trumps any poor decisions that anyone might disagree with.

Someone said it in another thread, but I'll reiterate: The league is 2 years old, yet they have managed to escalate themselves as one of the strongest viable options on the US minor league circuit!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

Return to “CBA”