CBA on hiatus, Cavs headed out

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:20 am

I believe that the PBL won't make it offical until the CAVS owners can come up with $200,000 League fee.
The Cavs owners are in the middle of generating those funds by selling VIP Sponsership that will allow the person to get pre-game activities.

As for the CBA, the only way it will or can come back is if Fernadez sells the league to someone that will turn it back into the league it once was before Mr. Thomas took control of it.

As for the PBL, I would like for them to get a few teams west of the Mississippi. The PBL message boards say something about a team in Las Vegas which isn't too bad, but I was thinking more along the lines of somewhere in Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas, Missouri and or Iowa. Mainly for travel reason but also to have some teams closer to Lawton.
Last edited by OKCAVS67 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Precious Roy
Site Admin

Post by Precious Roy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:49 am

I'd love to see a team in Wichita Falls playing in Key Yeager. Always thought that the rivalry would be great.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:42 am

I would think that if there are any interested buyers for the league the CBA would need a new name(if it has any chance a fresh start would be in order).

panchess
Site Admin

Post by panchess » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:41 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if the EBA bought the CBA name, like how the IHL and American Association names came back out of hibernation.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:50 pm

[quote=""psbf""]That would be a good thought of the cba returning, but I think we all know that they burned too many bridges.
It would be nice if the remaining 5 teams could end up in the PBL at some time(yes, I said 5, even though only two are left).[/quote]

Why 5? There were 4 active teams in the CBA at the end of last season, and approximately 165 defunct teams from throughout its history. Did you want to include the Shreveport Crawdads? The Pottsville Pros? The Topeka Sizzlers? The Cherry Hill Demons? The Hamden Bics?

They all played the same number of games last year as the Xplosion. And will play the same number of games next year as well.
Last edited by ABARedWhiteBlue on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:41 pm

RWB, let's just agree to disagree about the Xplosion(my 5th team).

Aaronhere
Site Admin

Post by Aaronhere » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:14 pm

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]Why 5? There were 4 active teams in the CBA at the end of last season, and approximately 165 defunct teams from throughout its history. Did you want to include the Shreveport Crawdads? The Pottsville Pros? The Topeka Sizzlers? The Cherry Hill Demons? The Hamden Bics?

They all played the same number of games last year as the Xplosion. And will play the same number of games next year as well.[/quote]

Please don't forget the Wisconsin Flyers
America's Real Team
http://www.packershistory.net

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 pm

[quote=""psbf""]RWB, let's just agree to disagree about the Xplosion(my 5th team).[/quote]

Sure,

you agree to stop shoehorning the X into every thread, and I'll agree to stop pointing out the myriad reasons why they are DNR.

Deal... :-D
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:15 pm

gone------for now.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:29 pm

[quote=""psbf""]gone------for now.[/quote]

So is Hoffa....

:mrgreen:

Return to “CBA”