CBA on hiatus, Cavs headed out

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:08 am

1)Don't compare me to Hoffa(if that was a joke, it's not funny)

2) You don't controll who I root for

3) You don't represent the city of Pgh, you represent you-that's all.

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

Get a room...

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:14 am

or maybe PM each other....Hey what about the Salt Lake Dream?....jk fellas.
jack
Tell it to the cows
Dear Jack, We believe Joe Newman has a vision. As opposed to blogging his mission negatively why don't you offer suggestions of support and help. We did, Regards Roland Rodgers CEO BSN LLC

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:24 am

[quote=""psbf""]1)Don't compare me to Hoffa(if that was a joke, it's not funny)

2) You don't controll who I root for

3) You don't represent the city of Pgh, you represent you-that's all.[/quote]

Relax.....
inhale/exhale/repeat

1 - Didn't compare YOU to Hoffa; played off your view of the Xplosion (gone---for now)
2 - Obviously; I prefer my teams to be active, but to each his/her own
3 - And you represent only yourself as well - as does EVERYONE else on this board. You don't speak for the city of Pittsburgh and its fanbase any more than I speak for them.

BTW - I'm happy to represent me, and what I have, although that is somehow demeaning to you ("that's all"); take pride in yourself and you won't need to live vicariously through an under-supported, under-financed and defunct minor league basketball team.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:33 pm

RWB, I respect you as a poster. I don't always post about the X(although it may seem like it to you), there are other subjects that I add input to. I know that you want the X to die out, but I refuse that train of thought and I wish you would respect me for that.

As far as the Cavs, I await the league official word on their joining the PBL.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:54 pm

[quote=""psbf""]RWB, I respect you as a poster. I don't always post about the X(although it may seem like it to you), there are other subjects that I add input to. I know that you want the X to die out, but I refuse that train of thought and I wish you would respect me for that.

As far as the Cavs, I await the league official word on their joining the PBL.[/quote]

Fair enough - bad day scenario with my reply (should always read it over before you post; good rule of thumb), but didn't want to delete the post to seem like I was hiding something.

Let's move on...

Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:21 pm

I hear the Rainbows are giving away free group hugs if you two are interested! Sorry ... couldn't resist. :D

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:54 pm

No harm done

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Hmmmmmm. Hello Lawton-Fort Sill? Meet Battle Creek.

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:42 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]so there you go... Now Fernandez/CBA want Lawtons letter of credit also....amazing. Who will ever want to go to the CBA if it comes back to life? NO one if you have the fear the league owner, which is fernandez, will cash in your letter of credit for league bills. Thats not what the LOC was for.

SO GOOD BYE CBA...

Fernandez, as your best friend in the ABA would say, SHAMEFULL !!![/quote]

Did the Cavs pay the CBA ANYTHING??? Maybe that's why the CBA went after the Cav's letter of credit. Just wondering.

Lawton-Fort Sill sounds like the new Battle Creek. Blame their old league then switch to the PBL and ultimately cease operations anyway. Some people never learn.

Precious Roy
Site Admin

Post by Precious Roy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:46 pm

By all accounts, the Cavs were paying EVERYTHING, not just anything. The Cavs were paying the travel budgets of Minot and East Kentucky as well as their own in that final season. They floated the money to the other owners even after they told them over and over before the season began that the CBA should suspend operations for a year to fix the economic state of the league. Those same owners that got money from the Cavs were the ones that said that if they didn't play they would fail. Well, they played anyway and they failed anyway.
The Cavs may likely fold on July 31, but it's not their fault the CBA is a mess. It's a fault of Fernandez holding three votes out of what was six total votes in a league "owned by the owners."
Had the CBA been about the owners and been a "team owned league" then maybe it would still be a viable league. However, at this point the league was being run by one person and masqueraded around as a league that is fair to everyone.
Sure, the PBL is run by two guys, but at this point the Cavs owners are ok with that because at least those guys are up front about it and not trying to pull one over on everyone.
Sorry to rant, but damn.

panchess
Site Admin

Post by panchess » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:05 am

Jim Coyne, the GM of the Patroons, was in the Sunday Albany paper. He obviously wasn't too worried about the Patroons in the article.

Somehow I think the Pats might be back. Just not this season.

Return to “CBA”