a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:59 am

Newman's favorite person>>>>>>> Fernandez

Fernandez's favorite person>>>>>> Newman

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Jim Coyne wanted to go to the ABA not Big Ben. Get your facts straight. Also, I think Coyne might have been fired recently partly because of the ABA decesion

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:25 am

[quote=""Precious Roy""]By all accounts, the Cavs were paying EVERYTHING, not just anything. The Cavs were paying the travel budgets of Minot and East Kentucky as well as their own in that final season. They floated the money to the other owners even after they told them over and over before the season began that the CBA should suspend operations for a year to fix the economic state of the league. Those same owners that got money from the Cavs were the ones that said that if they didn't play they would fail. Well, they played anyway and they failed anyway.
The Cavs may likely fold on July 31, but it's not their fault the CBA is a mess. It's a fault of Fernandez holding three votes out of what was six total votes in a league "owned by the owners."
Had the CBA been about the owners and been a "team owned league" then maybe it would still be a viable league. However, at this point the league was being run by one person and masqueraded around as a league that is fair to everyone.
Sure, the PBL is run by two guys, but at this point the Cavs owners are ok with that because at least those guys are up front about it and not trying to pull one over on everyone.
Sorry to rant, but damn.[/quote]

If the Cavs felt the CBA should suspend operations to fix its economic state, then why didn't the Cavs simply take the year off on their own? Who put a gun to the Cavs heads to forge ahead and have a season? I guess I have a problem with the blame game.

...and weren't the troops at Fort Sill supposed to save the day with a boost in attendance? Actually, that's a trick question because I was stationed at Fort Hood, Texas and we generally had a disdain for anything local. Instead, we took a lot of pride in our hometown/homestate teams. A poster was trying to convince me that things were different at Fort Sill, but my experience in the army was that it was the same old army everywhere I was stationed or deployed.

...and we were usually broke.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:01 am

[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]If the Cavs felt the CBA should suspend operations to fix its economic state, then why didn't the Cavs simply take the year off on their own? Who put a gun to the Cavs heads to forge ahead and have a season? I guess I have a problem with the blame game.

...and weren't the troops at Fort Sill supposed to save the day with a boost in attendance? Actually, that's a trick question because I was stationed at Fort Hood, Texas and we generally had a disdain for anything local. Instead, we took a lot of pride in our hometown/homestate teams. A poster was trying to convince me that things were different at Fort Sill, but my experience in the army was that it was the same old army everywhere I was stationed or deployed.

...and we were usually broke.[/quote]

From what I understand of the situation of last year, the CAVS didn't take the year off because they had already committed to the season and had a schedule in place for the place they play at. The Owners simply wanted to have a good season for the fans.

It was almost like a double edge sword for them. On one side, if they take a year off they would lose money from advertisement and season ticket holders and just about any other fan support that you got from winning the championship.
The other side was to play, lose money and try to help make the CBA better.

Either way they would loose money so they figured to play and keep the fan support going. It was working until the season got cut short. Fans were starting to show up to the games. Not enough to make a difference for the rest of the league, but at least they were coming to the games.

As far as Ft. Sill and the soldiers, They were coming to games, but due to overseas deployments to the Middle East, there was not huge numbers of them attending games. There was attempts at getting the soldiers there by having Military nights - discounted tickets - that were scheduled, but the season was cut short before those promotions could take place.

Same as having College night - 1/2 price tickets, trying to get the students at Cameron Univeristy to come to games but that one never happened either because of the short season.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:48 pm

I should remind you that the Xplosion were part of the schedule, before they decided not to play.

skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:52 pm

[quote=""psbf""]I should remind you that the Xplosion were part of the schedule, before they decided not to play.[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder!

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Big Ben is Joe junior...make no mistake about that when it comes to using others peoples money. Only Minot and Lawton put up a letter of credit ( NO PITTSBURGH DIDNT ). They were stuck...if they left the CBA they would lose the money in the LOC, reading the small print !!.. WHat is sad, a la Joe, is Big Ben tried to cash in both Minot's and Lawton's LOC to pay the CBA bills which are in excess of 400,000 dollars. Smartly both teams got lawyers to block Bens move !! CBA owes a lot of vendors money !!!!!!!

Joe = Ben, Ben = Joe

Return to “CBA”