another mistake

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
basketball facts
Site Admin

another mistake

Post by basketball facts » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:04 pm

I just read an article about Jayson Williams being put into a hospital for mental disorders. This is after he threatened to kill his wife and children and after he did kill the limo driver. I remember when idaho signed this scum bag and the owner of the Stampede ran around like he was talking to a God and this was after Williams shot the driver. The CBA glorified the transaction and then comissioner talked it up like it was great for the league. Looking back, now that was a joke. I wish I could remember the comissioners name, but he should have been shot for allowing this player in the league in the first place.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:01 pm

The comissioner at the time was Gary Hunter. Hunter did a few things right though during his tenure. He didn't let Michael Tuckman in the CBA as an owner. Hunter was also steadfast on insisting upon the annual $100,000 letter of credit for teams.

Jayson Williams didn't last long in the CBA. Goes to show you that drugs, alcohol, and firearms don't mix.

bectond
Site Admin

Post by bectond » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:56 am

What type of guys do you think played in the CBA all these years? If the CBA refused to sign the Richard Dumas's,and Roy Tarpley's of the world it would not have been able to sign many veterans with talent, guys that have records tend to have issues obtaining visa's and passports. They are forced to play stateside. Geez man you did not know about the CBA-crackhead connection?
Last edited by bectond on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Basketball Junkie and Rummikub Champion

Return to “CBA”