More EK Miners News

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
redsfan
Site Admin

More EK Miners News

Post by redsfan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:20 pm

A couple of more articles from the past couple of days that appeared in the Appalachian News-Express.

First, in Friday's edition was an article regarding Daniel Price, a former Miner player from their first season and one time Pikeville College standout.

Daniel Price doesn't feel like an outsider. The former Pikeville College standout and one-time East Kentucky Miner is trying to move his ABA franchise to Pikeville.

"Just in the last couple of days, I have had the opportunity to sit down with a couple of people and just discuss the possibilities of me coming in and with my organization and running it here," Price said.

Price has been busy after his days at Pikeville College and with the East Kentucky Miners. He used his basketball experience to start his own summer league before running his own ABA basketball team, the Mississippi Blues.

"After working for the college and playing for the Miners, I moved back to my hometown of Jackson, Miss., and I started a summer league for guys to get exporsure," Price said. "I wanted to help guys get contracts to play basketball overseas and the NBADL, ABA and CBA."

"After last summer, I got an opportunity. I received a couple of calls from the ABA president and a couple of coaches and they wanted me to start a team in Mississippi. They had a lot of confidence in me being able to run a franchise and run it right, based on my summer league. The name of my summer league was the Mississippi Basketball Exposure League, the MBEL. You can find it on usbaskets.com."

Price feels that minor league basketball can work in Pikeville. He doesn't feel like an outsider and thinks that may work to his advantage.

"One of the most important things is that I was local. I was a local and played at Pikeville College and was an assistant and lived here for four years."

"With my time in Pikeville, I saw it is a tight-knit community and I have never seen anybody come off as being racist. I read the paper the other day and saw those comments and couldn't believe it, because nobody has ever come off that way towards me. I don't know where those feeling come from."

There was also an editoral in today's edition of the paper. Basically, it said that Demetrius Ford has burned his bridges here in Pikeville and good riddance to him. The paper was also throwing their support behind Price and his attempt to bring his team to Pikeville.

There was also some contact info in the Price article, as he wants to here from fans and get their ideas and suggestions. He can be contacted at dprice@mbluehoops.com or at dprice9024@yahoo.com

pikevilleout
Site Admin

Post by pikevilleout » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Go Daniel, Ill back it up...its not CBA but ABA will work, I spoke to him at hillbilly days and it sounds very possible the team will be here. I hope so, I also asked him if their was a possiblity of moving up to the Pbl and he said not this year, not unless there a big sum of money comes his way...which is possible I do know of a company that was going to give the Miners $200,000 but once they listened to D Fords plans they ripped the check up and never gave it to D Ford.
Which I can't blame them, if D Ford wouldve been more of a owner and less of a so called friend to players, managed his money and done things the way it suppose to have been done, including keeping promises to Pikeville the Miners wouldve never had to leave...I think Daniel will have a team and it will succeed.

datboy82
Site Admin

Miners

Post by datboy82 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:13 am

Ford is not a good person, he has brought teams everywhere and cant even last one season. After doing some research, the same thing happen to the team in florida. From sources he still owe players and the arena money. So good luck with bringing a new team too pikesville, because Ford has ruined that for everyone.

bruntbyekm
Site Admin

East KY Miners

Post by bruntbyekm » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:23 am

The problem with the East KY Miners is the bounced check all over town! And still owe tens of thousands of dollars and a 2 weeks from a major lawsuit over it!

pikevilleout
Site Admin

Post by pikevilleout » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:39 am

New news bout Miners, they are coming back for another season and they are under new ownership, its a silent backer, but what i can tell you he is from lexington ky, and he also owns the new lexington team they will have...

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:04 am

If the ABA Champ Kentucky Bisons can leave that league and join the PBL and the Miners can join the PBL, you can have quite a rivalry!

basketball talk
Site Admin

Post by basketball talk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:28 pm

The guy who is helping back the new franchise, has nothing to do with the Lexington franchise. Whatever, the Miners may still owe, has nothing to do with the current group.
I would be interested to know how you were burnt by the EK Miners?

pikevilleout
Site Admin

Post by pikevilleout » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Well, Ill be the first to admit if I misunderstood what I was told...Maybe he doesn't own or have any interest in that team from lexington...But Im pretty sure bout the rest...LOL...anyways...I would like to see them in the PBL instead...both leagues had their issues but the PBL looks like the better league...the only reason i think that they are going to the ABA is because there is 4 or so teams that are reasonably close to us...but just my opinion and it doesn't count for much... :D

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Well, the Miners are listed in the ABA now, but no website.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:49 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Well, the Miners are listed in the ABA now, but no website.[/quote]
It's ekminers.net - but still under construction.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Return to “CBA”