Hope for Pitt

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Former Xplosion players; Kevin Pittsnogle(WVU); Carl Krauser(Pitt), Antonio Graves(Pitt), John DeGroat(Pitt), Chaz McCrimmon(Robert Morris Univ.), Rob Griffin, Corey Minnifield, Shawn Fountain, Shawn Hawkins, Lawrence Baker, Albert White, Lincoln Glass, Marvin Phillips, DeVaugn Halsel, Kyle Crawford, Odell Bradley, Coleco Buie, John Strictland, Rashi Johnson, Kevin Menifee, Philip Watson, Tyrone Anderson, Armon Gilliam(Key player in helping X to the ABA playoffs) and Janero Spurlock.
Any other questions?

skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Name everyone who worked in the Xplosion front office, and the names of all the cheerleader.

Your encyclopedic knowledge of all things X is great to see.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:19 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Former Xplosion players; Kevin Pittsnogle(WVU); Carl Krauser(Pitt), Antonio Graves(Pitt), John DeGroat(Pitt), Chaz McCrimmon(Robert Morris Univ.), Rob Griffin, Corey Minnifield, Shawn Fountain, Shawn Hawkins, Lawrence Baker, Albert White, Lincoln Glass, Marvin Phillips, DeVaugn Halsel, Kyle Crawford, Odell Bradley, Coleco Buie, John Strictland, Rashi Johnson, Kevin Menifee, Philip Watson, Tyrone Anderson, Armon Gilliam(Key player in helping X to the ABA playoffs) and Janero Spurlock.
Any other questions?[/quote]

You missed some:

Kevin Mickens
Dajuan Tate
Simplice Njoya
Darnell Miller
Darmetreis Kilgore
Donald Oatis

Look, I can cut and paste, too (from Wikipedia and the X site)!
the last remaining X fan wrote:I can also name every player who played for the Xplosion, but this should be enuff to satisfy you
Wrong.
Again.
:rolleyes:
Last edited by ABARedWhiteBlue on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:29 pm

Please list all of the items from the concession stand in order, alphabetically, and also from most expensive to least expensive.

Thanks, I've always been curious about that.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:54 pm

RWB, you're right I forgot about Tate. My list comes from the many articles that I collected from when the media covered the Xplosion. Besides, you're looking for ways to get on me about the X, which is why I'm no longer going to respond to you(unless your questions become valid).

Skippy, I never collected their names, but the Xplosion former cheer leading team started with 18 members before dwindling to about half a dozen by the end of the first season.
As for souvenirs, the only things I saw available were shirts, programs, hats and sweatshirts, although I had seen some fans wearing jackets(I was given a hat which I still wear everyday). programs were a couple dollars, shirts 10 and sweatshirts 15. I had suggested they expand on the souvenir variety by adding bumper stickers, decals and other more popular items, which they took under consideration. They also had Basketball camps going on.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm

[quote=""psbf""]RWB, you're right I forgot about Tate. My list comes from the many articles that I collected from when the media covered the Xplosion. Besides, you're looking for ways to get on me about the X, which is why I'm no longer going to respond to you(unless your questions become valid).[/quote]

And yet, you just did, without a question being asked.

Good to see you are standing by your convictions...
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:40 pm

This is great.......just great entertainment.

Its as predictable as the tides too, but that doesn't take away any from the entertainment value.

PSBF you will be rewarded shortly, there is good news coming about basketball in your fair city.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:16 am

Paul S, I'll believe it when I officially hear(or see) it. We need a committed owner who will be willing to spend money on promoting.

skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:28 am

PSBF thank you for the information about the souvenir stand, that was going to be one of my next questions.

I was asking about concessions though, (food), I know it was just a big misunderstanding.

Did they have X logo souvenir cups? An X megaphone filled with popcorn special?

Prices?

On the backs of the tickets stubs did they have specials for the concession stand or another restaurant?

I always regret not travelling to Pitt to see the X in their heyday, maybe you can help me understand some more about what I missed.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:41 am

Sorry, Skippy, I forgot to include the food. That depends on the venue. They had limited choices, so I got bottled water($3) with my pizza($5), until I decided to cut costs and get coffee($2). Pizza was Red Baron in a mini container four slices choice of pepperoni or extra cheeze(I always got). That was in the Petersen Events Center. In Mellon Arena, I bought 2 hot dogs(2.5) and water(2) at first. Parking was much harder at the Pete(they had a parking garage but I always parked along the street at the bottom of the hill, compared to Mellon Arena where they had free parking and their own lots.
Hot dogs were wrapped in aluminum.
Some of the ushers became familiar with me, going to all the games. I miss those times. :(

Return to “CBA”