Hope for Pitt

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
basketball facts
Site Admin

Hope for Pitt

Post by basketball facts » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Jaren Jackson gets fired from D League and goes to Pitt to help bring basketball back to Pitt

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:10 pm

[quote=""basketball facts""]Jaren Jackson gets fired from D League and goes to Pitt to help bring basketball back to Pitt[/quote]

uh oh...

you HAD to get KC all excited, didn't you???

He'll be hyperventilating at the possibility, and drooling with anticipation all over his keyboard.

If he dies in a horrible electrical shock accident as a result, it will be on your hands....
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:33 am

What's your source, BF?

panchess
Site Admin

Post by panchess » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Jaren Jackson did get canned in Fort Wayne. He's a coach, not an owner, though.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Then again, Jaren Jackson, might come back to Gary since Fort Wayne is a stone's throw from Gary and Jackson had more success and media coverage in Gary than he ever had in Pittsburgh.

...oh that's right. Gary doesn't have a team. 8)

Jaren Jackson is all about advancing his career and the careers of his players. He made no secret about that when he was in Gary. Coming back to Gary or Pittsburgh would be a step in the wrong direction (unless it's on the D1 university level in Pitt). He wants to be a D1 head coach, preferably in Louisiana. Maybe he wanted to be canned in Fort Wayne because he was at a career standstill.

July 2005, Jaren Jackson being introduced as the Steelheads new coach (Sigh! Do fall/winter teams even market THAT early anymore?):
http://gary-steelheads-fan.tripod.com/id4.html
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Added link to pics

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Jackson and Knox were the two best coaches the Xplosion had(imo).

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:19 am

[quote=""psbf""]Jackson and Knox were the two best coaches the Xplosion had(imo).[/quote]

Quick! name the other coaches the Xplosion had PSBF....

I am surprised your markieting efforts haven't worked yet. Your grass roots movement is surely a step in the right direction. Perhaps you should have a website devoted to saving the Xplosion similar to your soccer site? You can reach more people with the common interest.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Tom Thackery was our original coach, (can't remember his first name) Washington was the next coach, replaced by Jackson, then Knox was hired for the final season. DeVaugn Halsel was a player turned assitant coach.
I can also name every player who played for the Xplosion, but this should be enuff to satisfy you.

skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:07 am

Please quench my thirst for knowledge.

Present them.

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:49 am

I side with Skippy, PSBF ... please present them! Just remember, even you will probably forget an obscure player or two that Chuck Miller will call you out on. I don't know how he does it, but the guy is a walking, talking minor league genius! :mrgreen:

Return to “CBA”