CBA ceases operations.....???

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Crash22
Site Admin

Post by Crash22 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:13 am

[quote=""basketball talk""]The CBA is not ceasing operations.( The league will continue to operate during the off-season as well as next season) The league has decided as a whole to shorten the season and play the championship series at the end of this week. Albany/Oklahoma

All teams are expected to return next season including the East Kentucky Miners. Expect at least 7 franchises to join the CBA for next season.

I expect Albany to win big over Oklahoma

Final Standings:
1. Albany P. 13-6
2. E.Kentucky 10-7
3. Lawton Ft.Sill 11-1
4. Minot S. 6-9[/quote]

seeing as we are 4-0 against Albany by an average win of over 6pts/game this season, explain how you think that Albany is going to win big???? What a mindless prediction

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:26 am

[quote=""basketball talk""]The CBA is not ceasing operations.( The league will continue to operate during the off-season as well as next season)[/quote]

Sounds like the USBL. And all they are looking for are teams to play in the league.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:26 am

I've not posted in here for a while, but I heard the rumor of the CBA folding in the Xplosion DB. I think everything went down hill after we left. The league is no good with just 4 teams and I love the optimism of some. Lawton-Ft. Sill and Minot have been dropping in turnouts, since last years Championships, which is sad. I think the best thing would be for a merging with the PBL, which is what I'm hoping the Xplosion will do if we can find a new owner.
I miss our rivalries with E.K..

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:29 am

Does it really matter who wins? But I'd take Albany...
Ridiculousupside.com -- A (Mostly) D-League Site

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 am

[quote=""psbf""]I think the best thing would be for a merging with the PBL,...[/quote]

As long as it isn't he who must not be named in minor league basketball.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:05 pm

crash22... get ready for a new Albany team... this isn't the same team that Lawton handled rather easily earlier this year. The new-look Patroons will be a much tougher task. Harvey is playing like a man possessed.

Too bad as it came to this, but some loyal fans will remain... the only question is whether or not there will be a home team or a league to follow.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:04 pm

I agree, ot.

According to an article in the Bismarck Tribune, it's official.
http://www.bismarcktribune.com

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Better link.

It would be a shame to see the CBA brand disappear after all these years. Though, you have to admit, it hasn't been what it once was for quite a while.

Isiah, you should have sold it when you had the chance. Moron.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm

[quote=""psbf""]I agree, ot.

According to an article in the Bismarck Tribune, it's official.
http://www.bismarcktribune.com[/quote]

Was just coming on here to say the same thing, as there is a copy of the Bismarck Tribune sitting right in front of me.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:26 pm

[quote=""psbf""]I've not posted in here for a while, but I heard the rumor of the CBA folding in the Xplosion DB. I think everything went down hill after we left. The league is no good with just 4 teams and I love the optimism of some. Lawton-Ft. Sill and Minot have been dropping in turnouts, since last years Championships, which is sad. I think the best thing would be for a merging with the PBL, which is what I'm hoping the Xplosion will do if we can find a new owner.
I miss our rivalries with E.K..[/quote]

Except for a few teams in the Northeast, what makes you think life in the PBL is any better? Please note their general avoidance of announcing attendance figures. That's a big red flag. I don't think it would've helped to merge with the PBL. Losing money is still losing money despite the league. IMO, the CBA should have taken the season off. The old unwritten rule about mandatory continuous play for survival should be thrown-out the window. We are experiencing economic times that most people have not experienced in their lifetime.

Return to “CBA”