CBA ceases operations.....???

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
panchess
Site Admin

Post by panchess » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

As bizarre as this sounds, I would think the Patroons will keep their team together and try to win the ABA championship (and keep their home dates) as well.

PatroonsFan
Site Admin

Post by PatroonsFan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:02 pm

panchess
Site Admin

Post by panchess » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:18 pm

The Patroons have updated their web site to show the Oklahoma games. All the other games, including the ABA games, are gone.

FreezinUpHere
Site Admin

Post by FreezinUpHere » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Kenny - why jump into the fray if you hadn't yet read the link?

-----------

For what it's worth, Minot's economy is nothing short of stellar right now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/06/us/06dakota.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... 4534_x.htm

Though they weren't helped at all by the league's uncertainty and stumbling over the last two years, Minot's newest machination of so-called ''management'' failed to capitalize on a generally healthy fanbase and appetite for CBA-style ball in northwest North Dakota.

Perhaps Minot will someday soon have a club as part of new regional league arisen from the ruins of the CBA and IBA...... and it's commissioner will be noneother than PSBF......... one can only dream......... :roll:
Last edited by FreezinUpHere on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:04 pm

The Miners never had any money to begin with. Jay Fiedler should be ashamed for not paying players and staff. Here is a guy who spent money in the past flying a mascot up from Florida for games and now refuses to pay his loyal and hardworking staff. The Miners deserve better.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:05 pm

I appreciate being thought of, Freezin, but I think anyone expecting this league to return is dreaming. My reasoning is what past posters have said about the idea. If the Xplosion are done for good, so is my support for the sport. :(

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]Hey guys..!

Can I say? I told you so?

It was simple economics 101. At least they know when to cut their loses.
Now lets see what they do...go to the PBL or ABA.

Will the PBL take them? we know the JOJO con machine will.

This will really show what kind of brains they have in the former CBA[/quote]

Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:48 pm

[quote=""psbf""]I appreciate being thought of, Freezin, but I think anyone expecting this league to return is dreaming. My reasoning is what past posters have said about the idea. If the Xplosion are done for good, so is my support for the sport. :( [/quote]

??????

Well, it looks like basketball lost a fan. How more done do they need to be, PSBF?

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 am

What a shame. What a sad day. However once they got involved with Joe and the ABA it is better to do this than be tarred with them.

Hopefully the teams and/or the league+teams come into the PBL.

Good luck to all.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Precious Roy
Site Admin

Post by Precious Roy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:49 am

It was bound to happen. The Cavalry didn't want to start the season in the first place, and now this is just what they thought would happen.
Oh well, if two cities could have paid their bills, the season could have been saved. However, when you can't do what you said you would, a lot of things go bad in a hurry.

Return to “CBA”