CBA shutting down !!!!

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:20 am

no offense taken tops....just curious why the PBL would not be interested in the MIners, which have more or less been a stronger/solid team in competitiveness and building fan support from 1st to 2nd year.

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:01 am

I was just wondering if there was a credible source. I know preeths wasn't a fan of the original interleague games, so that's why I was looking for a source, rather than a good guesstimation.
I know a1 is anti-CBA and zeke's CBA source on Minot folding has obviously not come to fruition, so I wasn't too worried when they said something. Once Paul agreed with them however, I assumed a credible source had come aboard.
Ridiculousupside.com -- A (Mostly) D-League Site

pikevilleout
Site Admin

Post by pikevilleout » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:38 am

Fellas I talk to the Miners front office everyday of the week, and there has been no talk or hint of this coming out of that office,(Miners going to ABA)
I have mentioned it to them and all I get is laughs and "your sources are very wrong"...would like to see some real proof of all of this...

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:40 am

[quote=""DakotaWiz""]I was just wondering if there was a credible source. I know preeths wasn't a fan of the original interleague games, so that's why I was looking for a source, rather than a good guesstimation.
I know a1 is anti-CBA and zeke's CBA source on Minot folding has obviously not come to fruition, so I wasn't too worried when they said something. Once Paul agreed with them however, I assumed a credible source had come aboard.[/quote]

DW - You work in the Skyrocket office...you tell us what you're hearing! Skyockets haven't folded yet, but they aren't listed on the ABA site as a "CBA" team, but they have played CBA teams. Inform us...any reason why Minot isn't listed?

And just to clarify my position, I'm not anti-CBA...I think some big mistakes were made this season, and it looks like it's done a number on the league's future, but when you think of minor league basketball, you think CBA. Only recently have we thought "D-League" when discussing minor league basketball. The CBA has fulfilled the dreams of many over the years...a shame it might end this way because of poor leadership.

For instance, an "owner" had all the passwords so the site couldn't be updated all this time???? Really???? Who is
the idiot that allowed that??? And while on that subject, which owner was it? Tuckman? Freddie Lewis? Or dare I say...Daleo???

It boils down to poor leadership - period!
Last edited by zeke41 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:59 am

According to an article about Renaldo Major on NBA.com, the CBA is already defunct.
"We're getting calls about him and everyone here at the Showcase is asking about him," said Dakota coach Duane Ticknor, who "discovered" Major years earlier in the now-defunct CBA.
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/a ... index.html

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:43 am

Zeke. You must be smoking something. Daleo? an owner?
Ridiculousupside.com -- A (Mostly) D-League Site

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:53 am

[quote=""CHris902""]The smart thing to do would be to merge the two leagues and take the CBA name which has been less tarnished and is free from the NBA license. [/quote]

Oh goody.

So Joe Newman can trash the CBA brand as he has the ABA brand name.

And taking on the CBA name would be a tacit acknowledgement by Joe that the ABA name isn't as strong as the CBA, despite his constant bleatings to the contrary.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:23 pm

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]Oh goody.

So Joe Newman can trash the CBA brand as he has the ABA brand name.

And taking on the CBA name would be a tacit acknowledgement by Joe that the ABA name isn't as strong as the CBA, despite his constant bleatings to the contrary.[/quote]

By "smart thing" I mean what is good for Newman/more likely to keep this flying circus going for a bit longer, not what is good for most people/minor league basketball.

FrontOffice
Site Admin

Post by FrontOffice » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:20 pm

People are making broad and sweeping assumptions on little to nothing right now.

I love how people who are the farthest from the situation feel like they are in the know. Sorry Paul, A1, and even you Zeke, but people who want to spill inside information, usually don't have it, or at least not the whole or correct thing.

Joe Newman has been given permission to use the CBA and team logos for interleague promotion. In all that we know about Joe, is it really such a suprise to see him stirring the pot by adding some to his website?

Websites were locked down, but are just about restored. Webcasting is an issue. Stats are being accumulated.

Everyone just needs to relax. A1's original predictions of demise for the CBA have long since passed and he's just extending the finish line in hopes of salvaging some shread of validity. I know you all think its fun to pile on a league that's trying to regroup, but even with all that, the best players, and their agents, choose 9 times out of 10 to play in the CBA and not the PBL.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:30 pm

[quote=""DakotaWiz""]Haha, love it. So the CBA teams being on the ABA website, which has been on there since last week, is related to the topic? Paul, have you talked to anyone with any of the teams, or in the league, to verify this hearsay? Or just felt like agreeing with A1 and zeke, saying things without any (verifiable) sources?[/quote]

Whoa, let's can the animosity. We can do without this entire "If you're not with me, you're against me" mentality. Here's exactly what I wrote:
preeths wrote:I've also heard talk that the CBA shutting down at the end of the season may be a done deal.
It stands as it is. To restate, I don't know it for sure, but I have heard the talk. I believe there are only two people in the CBA who could confirm it, and they're not inclined to talk about it at this time.

Yes, of course when we're talking about a pair of CBA teams merging into the ABA, those same teams appearing on the ABA website absolutely is related to this topic. At the very least, their appearance on the ABA site is "interesting," as I labeled it, at the most, it is telling. We just don't know for certain yet either way, and with so much time until the end of the season, even a course set right now could change.

Return to “CBA”