ways to follow CBA road games?

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Chuck,
No road trips for me this year so that's the reason for my original question. Our home games are broadcast on one of the local radio station's website (http://www.wpke.com). I was hoping the same for the 3 other teams so as to listen in on some of the Miner's away games...apparently no such luck. Perhaps once (if) the websites get restarted, the league can continue with webcasts which was nice as I was able to catch a few other road games including the all-star game and festivities last year. But if the mood hits for a 10hour plus drive I'll keep your instructions in mind to see a game.

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:49 am

Last year I talked with the program director for the radio station that the CAVS use when the video Webcasting for games was having issues and he explained that the reason they don't broadcast the radio over the internet because it would cost them too much due to royalty fees they have to pay for songs and commercials that they air.

Now, if you believe that, I have some Ocean Front Property with an awesome view of the sun setting here in Lawton for sale.

I don't think any of the Radio stations here in Lawton broadcast over the internet.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:43 am

Cavs, were you at either of the games? There's been nothing on them, while I saw the Cavs beat Albany again, 100-97 in ot.

CAVman60
Site Admin

Web cast in limbo

Post by CAVman60 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:22 pm

The person that was running the web cast for the CBA was in Pittsburg and evidently won't return calls??? I know the Cav's owners are tying to find someone locally to run web casts for the league, but so far no news. If anyone has any expertise in that area they may want to contact one of the Cav's owners.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Damn, Chuck, you stole my thunder.

Thing is, if you own a Honda Civic, you rarely have to worry about the red light coming on.

Also, having driven more than my share of Route 66, the freeway is so [s]last century[/s] ERRRRRRRR sterile. If I may direct you to the books of William Least Heat Moon, I'd invite you to rediscover an America that doesn't necessarily depend on the same freaking fast food and gasoline and overnight stay franchises. Just saying...

Truth be told, yes, it's tougher in the winter... another reason why it's good to be an American soccer fan. I'd never envy a road trip to Minot in normal winter conditions.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Well, Cavman, Pittsburg(Kan.) is closer to you than I am. If he was operating from here(Pgh), I'd be asking why?

CAVman60
Site Admin

Post by CAVman60 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Sorry, Pittsburgh, PA was where the web casts were handled. I spoke with one of the owners and they really want to find someone to handle the web casts. He is meeting with someone, but so far no luck. I mentioned the lack of radio on the web and he said he would check into that also. We really need to find a tech person to handle this! I loved watching the Cav's on the road last year!

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:07 pm

I hope you find someone, Cavman60. It seems senseless to have someone working in this area without the Xplosion in action. I still hope the X return next season. I've heard that there is talk of some interest in buying them(x), although I don't know if it's serious.

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:02 am

I hate to admitt this, but I have not been able to go to either of the Cavs games... Busy with Twin girls and no sitter.

Stuck right now only going to weekend games, once the better have gets different hours, I will be able to go to all games.

As far as radios in town that do live webcast of their station, there are a couple of them.

I think the CAVS owners are going to have to force the issue with the current station they use to get at least their games to be broadcasted over the internet.
Was probably never an issue when they signed the contract for the station to do their games since the CBA had the live video feed of the game.

I do listen to the games on the radio and the Lawton paper does a good job of covering the game the next day.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:28 am

Speaking of coverage, I've not seen any details of the Cavs last two games, only the scores.

Return to “CBA”