the Xplosion lives on???

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
misenern
Site Admin

Post by misenern » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:58 pm

The only way that this could possibly work is if you gather a large group. I also suggest doing your best to work together towards your cause.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:51 pm

I agree with the working together philospohy, but I don't agree with the way thay do it. I know how to promote, but they won't listen.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Misenern, I like what the Rainmen have done and I feel that the Xplosion could get a good following too, if done that way(even though we have competition here).

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:11 pm

sounds like you want them to follow your lead and they want you to follow their lead.... someone will have to bend to benefit the chance of a team returning.

if they are having such success in promoting, where were these people for attendence last year? a party with over 1200 people woudl make for one of the xplosion's best home crowds last year.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:53 pm

Sure, they present figures. But I've not seen any proof. The pictures they post may have been just average disco. I saw nothing to proove that they were a promotion event.

TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:07 am

[quote=""psbf""]Chris, I appreciate your expertise in this. I'm going to do whatever I can to better promote them. I have information pages(from personal experience) on the team, which I'm giving out.
You wanted to know about the history. It is thought that this city will not support a pro team. But I know different. There is so much potential. In the teams that I supported, the owners were not committed to the teams being here. Our original CBA team, the Piranhas, became successfull in their one season here, only to be taken away without reason, by their owner.

The Xplosion have played three seasons here total, but they have not been successfully promoted since their season in the ABA. As you say, fans have to know about them. I feel that promoting them will help bring investors and a new owner. Obviously they will lose money, but money has to be put into promotion in order for the fans to turnout. The big question will be will enough turnout, and I have no reason to believe they will not, base on the Basketball history and what I've witnessed at the games.

Maybe the poor commitment by owners has left a bitter tasted with fans, but I hope not. If they love Basketball in the school, they should enjoy the Xplosion again, and hopefully schools will partner up again. Draft athletes out of the local colleges and promote the team.[/quote]

I don't know about the Piranhas when they were in Pittsburgh, but I have a hard time believing that they were successful in their one year there before their owner "took them away without reason."

If they were successful...they would have made it to year two in Pittsburgh.

dougjohnson41472
Site Admin

Post by dougjohnson41472 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:20 am

Wouldn't it be easier to root for the Pitt Panthers then worry about a team that no longer exists?
I am not trying to be a smartbutt..Just asking...

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Ten, that's just it, you don't know about the Piranhas-nobody here does! I went to their games and nobody seems to believe me(for whatever reason!)
So don't pretend to know my situation. The owner just took them away as the crowds were beginning to build.

Doug, good question. I don't and won't follow the Panthers because they remind me too much of the Xplosion who mainly used their venue for their home games and some Panthers were actually on the X roster.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:06 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Ten, that's just it, you don't know about the Piranhas-nobody here does! I went to their games and nobody seems to believe me(for whatever reason!)
So don't pretend to know my situation. The owner just took them away as the crowds were beginning to build.

Doug, good question. I don't and won't follow the Panthers because they remind me too much of the Xplosion who mainly used their venue for their home games and some Panthers were actually on the X roster.[/quote]

Dude, follow the Steelers for a couple of weeks. :D :D
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:22 pm

They're ok, but my choice is Arizona. I don't like Hines Ward, he never attended any Xplosion games(one being in his honor).

Return to “CBA”