EK Miners talent level

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Poptartguy
Site Admin

EK Miners talent level

Post by Poptartguy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:26 pm

Being an AVID Miners fan, I am still amazed at the talent we have on our current roster. When you consider that Jason McLeish is sitting on the bench at tipoff time, you have to wonder if the Miners are that good, or if the coach has a very short memory regarding last season! How could Jason NOT be a starter?! The answer is that the Miners ARE that good. Our team is stacked with play-makers this season! Through the first few games of this season, I haven't seen Coach Keathly put a bad combination of players on the floor at any time. Everyone can make things happen as is evidenced by the 120+ points per game being averaged by the Miners.
I listened to the post game radio show after last Wednesday's game, and Mike McCrain stated that this group of guys were just learning to play with each other, and that we haven't seen the full potential of these guys yet. I only hope that too much talent doesn't get in the way of winning basketball games. I see a lot of high-talent, high-ego players that are going to want the ball in their hands over time, but so far so good. Great job done by the Miners front office and coaching staff on getting a powerhouse team put together
GO MINERS!!!!!!!!

Minerfan
Site Admin

Post by Minerfan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:41 am

As another AVID Miners fan, I agree that this team as the potential to be fantastic. I absolutely love having them here, and I haven't missed but around 4 games in both seasons so far. The guys all seem like such great individuals as well as great basketball players. We are lucky to have them here, and I hope that after Christmas our area will support them as they should be supported. They totally need to turn the music louder during the games. The crowd would be louder. No one wants to be the one person making noise. If there was background noise, it would be better. Just my opinion. lol

Return to “CBA”