rumor!!!

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
roncris8
Site Admin

rumor!!!

Post by roncris8 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:38 am

CBA will have ten teams next year. No word on who or where.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:42 am

I've heard a lot of rumors, but this is one that I believe. I also feel that one of the added teams will be the returning Xplosion.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:56 am

everyone loves a rumor......so how valid is the source?
Last edited by PikevilleOT on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

pikevilleout
Site Admin

Post by pikevilleout » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:06 am

I have heard of possibly 3 coming...no guarantee though, and no word on Xplosion...sorry p.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:57 am

Neither have I, ot. But I remain hopefull. I'm trying to get the word out around here.

roncris8
Site Admin

Post by roncris8 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:50 pm

I feel that the person that told me this is very close to the Miners due to his background. I did put this as rumor because I did not here this from where he heard it. The only part that scares me is he said that there was nothing mentioned about the Miners coming back. and After I listened to Demitrus on the Sports Guys radio show, I think if we don't have a dramatic increase in crowd size we may not have a Miners team next year. but I am very optimistic with the majority of Saturday and Sunday games the crowds will show up.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:30 pm

[quote=""roncris8""]I feel that the person that told me this is very close to the Miners due to his background. I did put this as rumor because I did not here this from where he heard it. The only part that scares me is he said that there was nothing mentioned about the Miners coming back. and After I listened to Demitrus on the Sports Guys radio show, I think if we don't have a dramatic increase in crowd size we may not have a Miners team next year. but I am very optimistic with the majority of Saturday and Sunday games the crowds will show up.[/quote]

I don't pay attention to rumors. My instincts and common sense help guide my opinions. Trinity is basically a clueless organization (like the Apex organization before them) with past dreams of multi-team ownership. Trinity has been losing money in minor league hoops for quite some time now. Of course, the Miners aren't coming back next season.

...of course, that's only my instincts and common sense guiding me again.

roncris8
Site Admin

Post by roncris8 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:37 pm

My response for ken is this. For the year or so they have been here , I have seen nothing but positive from the organization. Jay and Demetri have really shown support for our community. We are a small town and this has been great having them here, in my opinion. Trust me I don't work for the Miners I only support them. So as a fan , if they leave, it is our own fault for not showing up to the games to support them. So when they leave , I m not going to get on here and blast there organization. This is a business, there is no one person that would own a business and lose money on it. Maybe they will found another city that will show some support, hey maybe like I said before our little town of 6500 will show some support. You people don't understand the chance they took by coming here. Heck our nearest mall is close to two hrs away. There is one sports bar in town, Our city and county are very lucky to have them , and we should be proud they gave us a chance.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:11 pm

[quote=""roncris8""]My response for ken is this. For the year or so they have been here , I have seen nothing but positive from the organization. Jay and Demetri have really shown support for our community. We are a small town and this has been great having them here, in my opinion. Trust me I don't work for the Miners I only support them. So as a fan , if they leave, it is our own fault for not showing up to the games to support them. So when they leave , I m not going to get on here and blast there organization. This is a business, there is no one person that would own a business and lose money on it. Maybe they will found another city that will show some support, hey maybe like I said before our little town of 6500 will show some support. You people don't understand the chance they took by coming here. Heck our nearest mall is close to two hrs away. There is one sports bar in town, Our city and county are very lucky to have them , and we should be proud they gave us a chance.[/quote]

Good intentions will only take Trinity so far. BTW, THEY should feel luckier YOUR community gave THEM a chance. Look at their track record. Florida Pit Bulls, Indiana Alley Cats, and possibly some involvement with the Pittsburgh Xplosion.

40ozOE
Site Admin

Post by 40ozOE » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 am

[quote=""roncris8""]hey maybe like I said before our little town of 6500 will show some support. You people don't understand the chance they took by coming here. Heck our nearest mall is close to two hrs away. There is one sports bar in town, Our city and county are very lucky to have them , and we should be proud they gave us a chance.[/quote]

That's fascinating. You say Pikeville has a population of 6,500. And the East Kentucky Expo Center has a capacity of 7,000. Even if every single man, woman and child in the entire town attend the game, it still won't be sold out.

Someone in the Miners should do some market research and find out where the current fans are coming from, if it's Pikeville or surrounding, because they really need to hit a home run with every advertising opportunity.

Return to “CBA”